Arcadia24 Arcadia24 18-21, F 27 Answers Jan 30, 2011

Power over another individual don't let anyone control you.

Best Answer

Because they are afraid, insecure, and weak. Don't put up with it, it only gets worse; there are plenty of other fish in the sea.

Best Answer

Some are control freaks about everything and need that feeling to cope with their own insecurities. <br />
For treatment of women....well, if you control a woman enough, then she might come to believe that she can't do anything on her own. That she is confused or incapable of doing or understanding things herself. Control her enough and she might succomb. A woman who loses her sense of personal strength is much more likely to put the man first. Do what he tells her in supplying his needs. And odds are very good that she will never leave him. <br />
Sometimes it's just about bullying or the idea that men have that they must be stronger than a woman. If they aren't then they feel emasculated. Men might have resentment toward a strong or overpowering mother. Or they may hold resentment for a father who seemed weak in their minds. <br />
So many reasons for controlling behavior. <br />
But no valid excuses.

Best Answer

Some men like to make a woman feel inadequate, no man will ever make me feel this way i'm too strong minded to fall for that crap.

Best Answer

The flames on here, are great! Now for something really honest: <br />
Some men like controlling women---or other men---because they are Dominant. Some women like controlling men---or other women---because... wait for it... they are Dominant. There are women---and men---who want to be controlled, because they are submissive. <br />
Now: If you are talking about the kind of person---many of them are women---who feels the need to control someone else DESTRUCTIVELY, or without consent, or in any similar situation, then you have run into two things: Someone who is insecure, and someone who needs to be put in JAIL, AT THE FIRST HIT! <br />
This kind of person never cleans up, never turns honest, and never gives a damn about anyone but him-/her-self! Come on: We have all read the stories in the news, and in Dear Abby and company---we know this! There is no reason to give this kind of person a second chance! None! <br />
Disclaimer: I was molested and abused. I have zero tolerance for any kind of abuse. I believe My position to be perfectly reasonable. Many people tend to think Me harsh.

Best Answer

I am currently getting out of a similar situation. I would ask him if it was okay if I went and did this and that. Mostly because it cost money and we were going to live together. I wanted a husband and I was trying to be the wife. But he would tell me things like no you can't go to the gym, or no you can't go volunteer at a dog shelter. I gave up so much just to be with him, that I couldn't take it anymore. I have always gone to the gym, so it wasn't like it was something new that I wanted to try, and I have always had dogs. I gave them up for him, which I am just starting to get over now. That was why I wanted to volunteer just to be around them, and he didn't even want me to do that. He was a control freak. I would rather live with a dog.

Best Answer

for all the same reasons women like to control men

Best Answer

This is a really great article you might want to read. I used to have it on my blog but it didn't survive EP cleanup. It's called "Dealing With Control Freaks".<br />
http://www.ec-online.net/Knowledge/Articles/control.html

Best Answer

It's a power thing it makes them feel more of a man.

Best Answer

A better question would be why do women LOVE being controlled in ways that are far enough under the surface for them to deny it? Laziness? An inferior ability to cope with being an adult and living in a world that can be scary and intimidating? For reasons they have never explored.<br />
Arcadia, let me give you a dose of reality. Women do not respond nearly as often to men who try to put the onus of being the first and or equivalently active actor in the flirting and "courting"/bedding sequence as they do to men who make most of the decisions and persuade them to follow along. So, what are we supposed to do? Adopt methods and mentalities that work poorly with the majority of women so women like you can feel like they actually put an equal amount of effort into life as their male "counterparts". <br />
I am from Sweden (an extremely liberal minded nation). But, I know and understand that woman are NOT EQUAL. They will never be equal as long as they have the option of coasting through life on their looks and other such qualities that men could and would never be able to use. <br />
Do not confuse being able to get by on doing less as something that you can take part in while still retaining your dignity and the respect of other people. Men do not respect women in the way you want them to for very good reasons. And if they wanted to be equal partners in the world then it would be a very different world. But, if that is you in that avatar for your profile then JUST SPARE me the nonsense and babbling about why things are the way they are. DO NOT act like men owe you anything other than what they give you when you act too much like a Barbie Doll.

Best Answer

Well, that escalated quickly.

Best Answer

Men feel the need to control women because of their COD; compulsive obessesion disorders of their world and theirs alone. We're just in it for the ride in their eyes,that's all and sex. Their bullies and punks!!!!

Best Answer

because they are *******, & stupid ones at that - because in the outside world they are being dominated by men who are smarter &/or more successful than them, & so they instead try to dominate women, using their size to intimidate them.

Best Answer

Well some like having control.then again most end up with a very big head-ache...others like me just wing-it..no head-aches and alot of good memories =]

Best Answer

Iam living with a man,,,,who is possessive and always expect me and my daughter who is 6 years to be dressed promptly...the worst thing is he hates the sound of my slippers in the morning or at any time...even when i wake up my kid he needs things to be quiet....Moreover iam not supposed to interact with any man with whom he is not introduced...cleaning the house is mandatory even the walls!!! i do help him but he expects me to be a perfectionist...this is my second relationship as i have my child from the first one...i support myself and my daughter expect i dont pay any rent to his house and contrubutes grocery and stuff. whenever i can take it and rebel...he asked me to leave as thats house...IAm in a fix...worried to face the world on my own....

Best Answer

Because they're little boys still and haven't grown up! And they call themselves men, really? In their own little bitty world..... sometimes they come out to play, but just for a minute and they're back at it again. Not worth the stress and aggrevation if you're a sister (black or white) with your head on straight. Don't worry.......be happy! God reigns!

Best Answer

Because it's a turn on!!!!!

Best Answer

Your question should be ,<br />
.Why do some people feel the need to control other People.<br />
I have MANY male friends that won't make the simplest decision<br />
without asking thier wife.<br />
Some People like to dominate others.<br />
If you are dealing with a person like this,<br />
you must accept it, or move on. <br />
If you are hoping they will change, forget it.<br />
Best Wishes!

Best Answer

Because they are insecure bullies!

Best Answer

The men who dominate women seem like jail keeper, slave holding child molesters. I cannot stand dominant alpha personality types and have had such awful experiences with people who have "earned it" and "deserve respect" and should be entitled to "collect" that I don't bother with relationships anymore. It's such a turnoff to me that I walk away from anybody who submits to men. The women beat the children and the women around them into submission to abusive men. I won't touch them. I could be a bag lady on the street and I'd still have feminist values. Anything else is barbaric and unthinkable to me.

Best Answer

By one or all of these reasons:<br />
1 Culture, the idea that women are unproductive-unefficient men. <br />
2 The need to dominate, to be the leader of the pack, to be the alpha guy, the one that solves everything, that knows it better than you do.<br />
3 Because they are afraid of your power/capacity and wants to neutralize that.

Best Answer