I have two male friends: I can't really have regular conversations with them because pretty much everything they say is some sort of jab or sarcastic tease. I think they believe they are being cute or clever. I don't mind it sometimes, but it gets old for me. What's the best way to handle it.... tease back? One of these guys starts to get personal and even gets a bit hurt or mad if you tease back for long. Confused by these two! And I can't figure out why they do it because sometimes it just turns out uncomfortable for everyone.
Vessa Vessa 41-45, F 7 Answers Dec 5, 2009

Because Men only think with one of their two heads and its the one that has no brain...

Best Answer

tease them back

it's a vicious cycle

Best Answer

If you're referring to making fun of or insulting each other, then it is easily explained. When men like and trust each other they will engage in playfully insulting each other. They can also tell when someone is genuinely insulting rather than joking. So it is not immature, but normal male behaviour (not to mention insulting and ignorant to call it immature). Quite likely when you do it you don't know and understand the boundaries or the proper tone and delivery, thus appearing to deliver genuine insults.

Best Answer

That's interesting. Since it's a male sort of "sparring" behavior, it does make me wonder why men would aim it at females so often. In my experience, men seem to want the woman to yield to it, as opposed to "sparring" back. But I often think that men who do that sort of thing just don't know how to treat women, though I've seen some couples who manage to stay together with that sort of engagement, though the relationships are often contentious.

Best Answer

they are interested in you and trying to turn you on. You can respond any way you feel like. Reactions are automatic and intuitive. If they don't like it if you tease back don't tease back. If they are offended at a lack of your reciprocity then they aren't very smart since they apparently didn't consider the possibility of rejection and also they probably can't take any criticism without being angry so I wouldn't choose that guy. My advice is to make sarcastic jokes back. That might go over well. Also play a bit hard to get. I bet they'd go for that.

Best Answer

they're just immature lil boys looking for attention

by being sarcastic or mean to a girl, they figure she, or any other will less likely reject them

Best Answer

they are reading tips on how to cause attraction. pretend you're a guy wanting to attract women, and start googling. all your questions will be answered.

Best Answer