my own biological mother always picks on me every chance she gets...i am always indifferent about it....i try to ignore it but sometimes i can't help it but have resentments towards her because i am just human, just like everybody else? what causes this??? is it because of envy? what? as far as i know i am a decent daughter. i am 32 yrs. old still single, no kids, do not smoke, drink, do drugs. i am a registered nurse too...so i don't really know where her attitude is coming from. any ideas?
pinklipstick pinklipstick 31-35, F 13 Answers Dec 24, 2010

My mother is the same way. I'm 26, turning 27 next week and was laid off and had to move back in with my parents. I now work, but only part time. Before my lay off I was a full time teacher assistant for three years. She bullies me,my brother, my dad, but I'm her main target. I'm trying to get out of the house ASAP. It's everyday at about the same time she starts to bully me and it can be about the dumbest thing then from what she starts screaming at me about turns into something else that had nothing to do with what she was originally attacking me for. My dad has tried talking to her. Idk what her problem is, but it seems like she takes pride in it.I'm going to move in wth my boyfriend soon b/c I've had enough.

Best Answer

Yes, she is a bully. I have the same type of mother. It was usually mental abuse but sometimes physical and it would alternate between me or my father receiving it. I was 30 years old when she slapped me for saying something trivial and I pushed her back. I'm a pacifist and it hurt me to have to do it, but from then on she's never laid a hand on me again. I only wish I'd have stood up to her earlier. Don't let a bully hurt you. It is your right. Incidentally, living away from home gives me the upper hand now because if she verbally abuses me, which she still tries from time to time I cut her out of my life for a while.

Best Answer

Its about control and maybe that kid is the tough one to control-Good for the kid. Bullies are cowards- they take the paths of least resistance- and think their children should fall into that category. When they meet with resistance they retreat except with their kids-because their mental image of the kid is one of weakness as kids are perceived as weaker usually.They then don't understand why this kid does not just buckle under pressure-and ramp up the pressure(control,bullying). With anyone else- they would just back down!<br />
I should know- I was that kid.

Best Answer

moms would do anything for there kids

Best Answer

their...their...their..

Best Answer

sometimes parents don't know how to show love towards their children . i have same expercince she never show me her love and never share anything with me , when she seeS me she just SHOW NO LOVE AND CARE DO'NT WHY.

Best Answer

guess the same reason they tell you the wish you had died and the twin lived as they wants a girl

Best Answer

Smithlec is very wise - Darkice123, as well. <br />
And it is a little-known fact that there is an irreparable, tragic glitch in Earth's program that causes infertility in wonderful people and poppin'-'em-out-itis in those ill-prepared and unfit to be parents.

Best Answer

Some parents did not have the nurtureing when they were growing up and they have fear inside of them of getting hurt themself.I can't help that they carry resentment.If you could understand,and bring armfulls of love back to her I believe she would love it and come around.You could help heal her from the past.It's not your fault, giving this a try could change both of your lives and bring more love then you have ever had befor and God's smile will be upon you!

Best Answer

I agree with the nurturing aspect, however a bully looks for weakness which unfortunately love can be mistaken for.

Best Answer

we are all dealing wth demons from the past, some of us are aware of our faults and can manage our own behavior, some who are not aware a like a bull in china shop, mother / fathers very easily pass on there own personal dilemas, it is sad to witness, however it can be a blessing to the recipient to move forward and leave the nest, and let there own biology take form, it is great to have supportive parents but its greater to rise and succeceed on your own merits, hard, but long term you do find your self, where people that are tied to there parents may neverr know if there sucees was theres or there parents .

Best Answer