I mean if they have average IQ isn't it natural that the kid's gonna have an average IQ as well? I mean I have absolutely no confidence because all my life I've been pushed to study Maths and that bull **** subject took away confidence, my self esteem and made me feel stupid. I had to work EXTRA hard and as a result my results were always average. If I had studied subjects I could understand I would have done so much better and I could have walked around with my head held high and not feel ashamed when someone takes a look at my results. I could have been a different person today, doing well in a field I was suited for and not feel like such a loser.
daeneryss daeneryss 26-30, F 5 Answers Aug 20 in Doing Good

I have always been more interested in history than any other subject but I was always nervous about algebra because I was flunking it.

Best Answer

I flunked once. God, I hate Algebra.

Best Answer

Me too, I might have done great in my other classes if I wasn't made to take algebra.

Best Answer

You know if someone takes a look at my result they'll think I am good at Math and suck at the rest. But, that's because I had to focus so much on Math that I couldn't focus on the other subjects at all. I actually scored higher at Math than anything else.

Best Answer

How much of what you learned from math do you use in your career?

Best Answer

I can identify, at least from a parent's perspective, with your words. My daughter, who is your age, is just finishing up college, has a mother (I'm divorced from her mother) that is maniacal about this very issue. I'm the "it's okay to be who you are parent" and encourage my daughter to do those things she feels good about, and praise her for average grades. I'm happy for her when she gets a "C" in class, and think a "B" is fantastic. You do what you do, and that is just fine. My daughter and I talk constantly about this, and she, like you, feels constant pressure from her mother, which makes her feel like she is somehow failing. When that happens, she calls me and we talk and talk, until it's okay again. I wish I could change your situation for you, but I can't. Just know that there are many of us who understand what you are going through. Understand that you are every bit as perfect as anyone alive, and that there is no reason for you to feel otherwise... I'm a Dad, I know that to be true.

Best Answer

You know what the sad part is, in the real world a 'C' student who has confidence can go do something and achieve success. A 'C' student who feels like a failure and feels like a loser will never be able to achieve much. Confidence is key..

Best Answer

Many parents have this problem. Most of us "ARE" average. You are not Greater or Lesser ,than any of us. Parents are just prejudiced, even though odds are "They" are average too. lol

Best Answer

is it too late to change?

Best Answer

It kind of is. I am trying but I need a lot of will for that. It's hard for me now, because I have studied Economics, Statistics and Maths throughout and since I am not good at them applying them it's difficult for me, which restricts my job options. I know I can't clear an interview for a post of a business analyst and I cannot get into a different field as well. It's been such a waste of time. Totally misguided career choices. It's my fault as well. I am stupid.

Best Answer

but you are young and there is time. what interests you?

Best Answer

I am trying to get into Media Management. But, it feels like such a waste you know. I constantly have to feel like a disappointment because I couldn't do well enough even though I tried very very hard. No one understands how I feel. I am feeling very stressed and sad, I am starting my course from September. And I am scared. I have zero confidence. I feel like I am broken.

Best Answer

or you could look at it this way: you took courses you didn't like and weren't interested in and managed to get more than just a passing grade.

you had to stamina and strength to force yourself to do it and the self-discipline to continue.

Sounds like you have way more capabilities than you give youself credit for :)

Best Answer

That's what keeps me alive honestly, the fact that I actually passed everytime with more than a passing grade and I know how hard that was because I actually tried to mug up Modern Algebra, I deserve to be in the Guinness book of world records for being the first person to mug up Maths lol.

Best Answer

now imagine how you're going to feel when you take a class that interests you.

and here's a thought - maybe you should go on interviews for jobs you want - or at least apply for them. keep up your interview skills and figure out a way to show what you've learned already could benefit an employer.

sometimes people hire because you have a degree.

Best Answer

My first job actually had nothing to do with my major, I got the job because of my communication skills. I am sad today because I had applied for an educational loan for the media degree and the bank has the right to go through your educational records. The lady seemed hesitant. I wish I could tell her that I am not dumb and I could have done well if I had the option of choosing what I like. I am a pushover. I tried to please my parents.

Best Answer

well they had your interests at heart - but you will have to go to work every day, not them :)

Best Answer

Yes. And also face judgment from a total stranger lol. Thanks, it was nice talking to you :)

Best Answer