Doesn’t that cross some kind of parent code of conduct? Parents should love all of their brood the same, however, in a lot of cases, the mom or dad will show much more like to one child because of the potential in them. I guess they can see all the great things they will become because of their studious nature as a child. However, doesn’t that mean the parents need to work a little bit harder with the other children so they too, can be on that same level? One of my sisters was a favorite of my mother’s and it caused problems in the home with all the children. As my mother expected, my sister is a success, but she at times feel as though she is better than the rest of us because she experienced so much more than us. I’m not really into blaming; however, partial parental damage was done. My mother and I have a great relationship now, but it took years and hard work to attain the respect and love I have for her now. Are some of you treating your kids different from the oth
Cryssy1980 Cryssy1980 31-35, F 10 Answers Feb 27, 2012

it is damagin to the children.......i have no idea why parents think this is a good idea.......or maybe they don't think at all?!

Best Answer

very damaging. a parent who constanlty claims to love all the kids the same: yet is very obviously biased with favortism right down the line

Best Answer

Sibling rivalry can have a contributary effect, as can oldest/youngest favouritism, everyone is different and everyone reacts differently to every situation. Firstly I must add, I'm divorced and both my girls now live away from home. I have two daughters who I love unconditionally but to be honest if I had to choose, I'd say I LIKE my eldest daughter better, we bonded much more throughout her life, right from being a baby, she's got a much more understanding nature, she's more forgiving and in no way stubborn which my youngest daughter is. My youngest daughter cares for no one but herself and shows no interest in others especially when they are unwell. (Myself and my parents included) I always play fair and treat both my girls equally in every respect, I always will, but it always comes back to their own personal behaviour.

Best Answer

Easy answer....<br />
"That child reminds them of themself"

Best Answer

they see him/her either promising, or because he/she resembles this parent more!

Best Answer

I try to treat all of my kids the same. But if one is constantly testing your patience, doing things he/she knows is wrong, etc,. then it's hard not to be nicer to the other one(s).

Best Answer

The first born always gets the most love unconditionally.. that will always be their "baby"<br />
The 1st born can do NO WRONG!!.<br />
If there are two other younger children, then the 2nd one will always be in the shadow of the first one. <br />
Middle children have it kinda rough.<br />
Lastly, if there is a third child...that will be the baby and the envy of the other 2 children.

Best Answer

Not always. Especially not if that first child was the unpreferred gender of the parent(s) for a first child, and they subsequently have a child of the preferred gender. Or, they'll cling to the youngest one, because they want to keep their "baby". This does a great disservice to all of the children.

Best Answer