elysiannomad31 elysiannomad31 31-35, F 13 Answers Jan 8, 2013 in Community

I guess because they made an effort to succeed and change their status rather than being born into the higher socioeconomic status. It is something to be proud of, but there's a difference between being proud of the changes you've made and being a "snob" but then again there are always those people who will call you a snob just for making that change no matter how modest you are about your accomplishments.

Best Answer

Yes I see. That is very true. Sometimes no matter how much you give back to many you will still be someone who forgot where the came from.

Best Answer

Because they need to feel superior to their origins in order to believe that they will never, ever go back there again.

Best Answer

I'd say that they are proud to the point of being arrogant, when a person loses their humility having plenty of money and possessions is no substitute. I don't think they are all that happy even though they've gained things materially.

Best Answer

I would guess fear. They think that if they act snobby like the jerks on tv, it helps them maintain what they have, not realizing that it drives away people who could help them reach even greater heights.

Best Answer

It's strange when you see that person who grew up on government assistance and now they make $40,000 a year acting like they're part of the millionaires club not realizing not a lot has changed. Then you see the old money millionaire who's very down to earth.

Best Answer

The French call it "nouveau riche" or new money... anyhow I'd say it applies to this situation as well. Climbing the social staircase to taste what the devil has to offer.. money is bad in so many ways.

Best Answer

Money isn't bad. It provides cancer research, meals for the homeless, educations for our children. It is the love of money (greed) that is bad and greed is just another way of saying selfish and cruel.

Best Answer

the love of money would not exist without money.

Best Answer

I can take that stick out of their arse in nanoseconds.

Best Answer

They evolve into Republicans.

Best Answer

..because they can.

Best Answer

Doesn't make it right to be an ******* especially when the difference isn't too great and it can be taken away as easily as it came :-)

Best Answer

yup, it's a joke the way some behave ( especially the women who marry rich) but it's not our job to teach them lessons or make them see how rediculous they are behaving. Let life do that for them.

Best Answer

Mines haven't, I just don't like classless, ratchet-acting people. You can be poor and don't act like you are. I dont think there should be a correlation between being rich and class...the Hilton kids, Kardashians, the Waltons, that one supermodel's kid, most celebrities are good examples.

Best Answer

Maybe when they were growing up, they always thought that money made other people better than them. So, when they actually get some money of their own, they play into that by thinking it makes them better than people who have less.

Best Answer