Thanks for your answers. They all sound Catholic.
SallySea SallySea 22-25, F 15 Answers Jan 26, 2011

It's called interceding, You can intercede for anyone.

Best Answer

I believe the strength of prayer lies in faith. When someone is in need of prayer, sometimes what they are going through can shake their faith. It might be that they find comfort in the idea that someone in a better fr<x>ame of mind is also praying for them. I have heard of nonbelievers requesting prayer. They knew that they lacked faith, but they had hope in the faith of others. <br />
Regardless of whether the one who requests prayer lacks faith, it seems that the amount of prayer does matter. The amount of faith invested in supplication does seem to matter.

Best Answer

There are many examples in the NT that asking others to pray for them was a common practice.

Best Answer

Because they feel like they need as much support as possible. Usually, people ask for others to pray for them when they are struggling the most. Maybe, they want people to know they need extra support, too. And, I'm not catholic. I'm Muslim.

Best Answer

That is a great question SallySea. And here's my answer: simply put, some people do not believe in God. They find it hard to fathom that there is a God that honestly cares about them and loves them unfailingly. They may lack the faith, so they go to someone that they know is "tight" with God and asks that person to pray for them. I've had numerous friends come to me and ask me to pray for them because they know that I'm a Christian and have a relationship with God. These friends do not believe in Him, so their lack of faith compelled them to come to me. There is nothing wrong with interceding for others; however, there will come a time when the faithless and unbelieving will haveno other choice but to go to God on their own.

Best Answer

I'm sure many can explain it far better than I but it has to do with where two or more believe in something, etc, etc; people congregate in order to pray and worship.

Best Answer

Because not everybody have the same connection with God, He loves everybody but not everybody can leave herself in the same way, God needs to our leaving and our silence to talk and to act in our lifes.

Best Answer

Pray for me! That phrase is a request for support and blessings for those that care about us to help us through a difficult time. Yes, we pray for ourselves but we do know that when many gather together with the same request their is that additional strength that's received. You can feel it.

Best Answer

That is a good point. Doesn't it say in the Bible God helps those who help themselves? So hence you should pray for yourself and leave others out of it.

Best Answer

Better to waste someone elses time rather than your own? I mean given the success rate and the claims made in the NT about it being 100% successful and all.

Best Answer

you do both b/c its a way to state publicly that you do believe in God, there is also the belief of strength in numbers and it's a way to glorify God, you bring people closer to God that way. God likes to hear from us, whether we come to him for ourselves or on someone else's behalf he likes us to address him so in a way your doing God's work when you say pray for me

Best Answer

i guess they figure the more voices asking for help on their behalf, the better, like petitioning god

Best Answer