Ignorance

Best Answer

NOT always

Best Answer

They're stupid, seriously. I also think they're probably one of those people that denies anything bad ever happens in the world.

Best Answer

They are trying to convince themselves that they aren't mentally ill^^

Best Answer

They havent seen it/dealt with it first hand. Once you do it is impossible to deny.

Best Answer

Yet they do, like when one's religious teachings say that it's a spiritual issue or demons and they take those teachings literally.

Best Answer

True, but denial comes into play. I had a family member whos mother would never admit he was mentally ill. Even when he had a complete break down she still thought he would be able to lead a normal life. Part of that was its her kid and she didnt want to give up, I cant say that I wouldnt feel the same if god forbid my kid had a mental issue. But finally she admitted he had a mental problem, he began to use drugs and it all caught up with him. She came to realize he should have had better treatment, but seeing how she was nurse I think she didnt want to admit it. Its only human.

Best Answer

Crazy people, don't know their crazy. They will literally look you in the eyes not knowing their age or name or where they are and tell you flat out, "I'm not crazy!"

Best Answer

Because they are mentaly substandard and morally corrupt. Stupid and arrogant.

Best Answer

My mother in law is from the old school if you cant it you cant have<br />
Example - Broken leg she can see<br />
Mrs Kelly having 5 break downs and she does not recognise this

Best Answer

look at all of the Intelligent people who have contributed in a great way to humanity. Be it philosophy, science, literature, or anything else. look at how they are defined as mentally ill. now you tell me, if that person were truly ill in the mind, how is it that they can contribute such brilliant and forward things? and if you believe mental illness exists, then please define for everyone here, what "normal" is?

Best Answer

on the other hand, a sociopath is the only thing I can truly see as being mentally ill.

Best Answer

just because not all mental illnesses are defined as debilitating that means that it doesn't exist? That's a complete non sequitur.

Best Answer

mental illness is called such because it is supposed to be debilitating. and illness is debilitating, or do you disagree? even to a small degree. being human is debilitating, lol!

Best Answer

"mental illness is called such because it is supposed to be debilitating. and illness is debilitating, or do you disagree?" You seemed to infer that if severe debilitation keeping them from living a productive life wasn't present in some people that were said to have mental illnesses it is non-existent which really doesn't make much sense considering there are so many people who are disabled by their illnesses such as a severe schizophrenic whose medications barely help from being bombarded by hallucinations as was the case with my uncle.

Best Answer

my father's twin was a schiz and he killed himself. you think maybe-MAYBE-that they're seeing what is real and WE are hallucinating? or that perhaps they are experiencing a different kind of connection because their "wired" differently? its all perspective.

Best Answer

"you think maybe-MAYBE-that they're seeing what is real and WE are hallucinating?" This rabbit hole is quickly approaching brain in a vat territory.

Best Answer

I've been trying to convince my therapist I am mentally ill for years.

Best Answer

Because they've never been around someone who was truely mentally ill.

Best Answer

Because people think they have to fix things and some things are too difficult for the average person to fix. We can see a broken leg, but we can't always see mental illness and view it with compassion.

Best Answer

I'll bite.... they're mentally ill?

Best Answer

hehehe, don't forget though that Scientology and certain religious sects of various Abrahamic religions deny it as well.

Best Answer