Honest. I don't understand it.
swordsaint swordsaint 22-25, M 14 Answers Aug 17, 2011

I agree with katielynn that they also hurt inside and want them to be in pain. But most people do it not on purpose but subconsiosly, because when others are in pain as well, they can connect to them. It's not cruel in most cases but human's flawed nature.

Best Answer

Idk, I grant you that in a few situations it's not on purpose, but there's has to be a deliberate desire to hurt when they make fun of someone, bully the new kid, etc...

Best Answer

Because they are hurting inside and want you to also be in pain, its cruel :(

Best Answer

That is a sad truth, it is... They got it all reversed imho...
Btw I think I tried answering your confession earlier but it disappeared on me! lol.

Best Answer

lol yes its because I just started on this site and I didn't know if that was appropriate :( But I guess thats what this site is about we all try to help one another through issues and not judge.

Best Answer

Oh I see :) Welcome to EP!! Some ppl help, some don't, everyone has their own thing they like to do on here I think.
Anyways, without going into details, I made it through pretty much the same situation not too long ago. You can do it! The most important thing is wanting to, and it seemed you're already there, so just don't give up! And give a shout if you need someone to talk to :)

Best Answer

Wow thanks a lot :) Yes, it helps talking to someone who actually has been in that sitaution before. Because people don't understand they just say well "just don't do them" well its not really that easy :( I was going thru relationship problems with an ex and they called it a "love addiction" and when we broke up I went to that for the pain. How did you quit? Did you get help from therapists/doctors? I'm not giving up.. I think if i set my mind to it I can do it just mite take some time :P

Best Answer

They don't feel good inside and focus outward to avoid facing themselves; the idea of others having self esteem gnaws at them and makes them determined to find things "wrong" with anyone who isn't miserable like they are. Their insecurity drives them to try to destroy what they aren't and don't believe they can be. My ex and his family were like that. very sad.

Best Answer

That makes sense :) I just don't understand their reaction tho... doesn't it just make them feel worse in the end?

Best Answer

Usually there is something going on in the bullies home life that makes them feel really bad and makes them lash out at others. It could be abuse or neglect by a family member. That could explain the behaviour by such individuals.

Best Answer

Beacause It Makes Them Feel Better?

Best Answer

Many reasons, my love. Some are hurting themselves inside and can't cope with the pain so they project it outwards onto other people. Some are incredibly insecure and as Buckysweet said it gives them a sense of power, of identity even, to control other people by being hurtful in order to get a reaction. And of course, some, like our friend specimanAB are sociopaths and behave in this way because they have a disorder.<br />
I'm so sorry you've been hurt, my love.

Best Answer

because they have a sense of empowerment when theyve made someone else feel bad they dont feel as bad anymore.

Best Answer

people who hurt others for their own fun and happness are soulless dead heartless people i belive tht their pas could have been bad so they take it out on inoccent bystanders so shame on them!!!!!! >:p

Best Answer

Well here's a an answer from a sociopath. I hurt people quite often through lying and deceit. I enjoy watching people get hurt or die. It's not because i hurt in the inside, it's just i don't care about peoples feelings... at all. there is barely any logic to it for me. I can't explain why i feel happy when i hurt someone. It's weird I suppose.

Best Answer

There are different situations, sometimes because of boredom, sometimes out of envy,sometimes because they are hurts

Best Answer

Boredom? Really? That one is really alien to me... :S

Best Answer

Really,is alien to me too,but it's happens(

Best Answer

i feel better when i hurt myself, at the same time i want releif from my pain it's a catch 22.

Best Answer

*hugs* Don't hurt yourself!! Too much pain in the world already! Maybe help other people? It's worked pretty good for me so far, and I used to do a lot of hurting myself too...

Best Answer

i am very much into helping others now, it takes the focus off the fact that i hate myself. it works for me too, but i have my bad days.

Best Answer

I'm glad :) I think the best people to help others are those who can understand pain, I'm sure you've been and will be invaluable to many!

Best Answer

Simply, as someone who is elated after inflicting pain, I don't understand the lack of this want. It is proving to yourself that you are more. More than them, more than anyone. It is showing your power and dominance over another being. It means you can bend them to your will. Honestl, I<br />
It gives me a high to hurt people, to lessen them in any way I can. It lets off my adrenaline to know at any moment I could destroy someone. So asking "how could you" for me is "How couldn't you?" All in all some of us find it fun beyond belief. Call us monsters, but I stopped lying to myself a long time ago.

Best Answer