I listen to rap music cause it really tells about what goes on in my hood and to read that some people dont like rap is like saying you dont like where I come from or my life. I have seen some of yall answer and all I got to say is Rap is here to stay and we is taken over so shut the **** up and get get the **** back!!!! Hate It Or Love It Better then ******* the music Yall like and you got something to say about that **** I`ll tell you my address and you can tell it to my face **** writing it on here. SunKissed14 Hate Black People
Mississippi274 Mississippi274 18-21, M 35 Answers Nov 8, 2011

I mostly do not like it because I find it boring. Others may not like it because it tends to be aggressive, obnoxious, or crude.

Best Answer

I'm one who finds it obnoxious and crude. Also, There is no musical talent to me. Why would I want to listen to songs about hoes and slapping fat *****? It's stupid in my opinion, and degrading towards women. Not to mention, maybe that's why crimes are so high in your "hood" because rap is always singing about it. Let's also talk about that one song...This is why I'm hot... WTF is so good about that song? You can't say I'm racist so I'll get that out of the way right now. Rhythm and blues is soulful meaningful music not Rap. Again, this is just my opinion :)

Best Answer

Whoa now! If you think you can explain urban crime problems by blaming them on music you are a fool. I'm sorry but that is just absurd. As someone who grew up in the "hood" myself let me say that music reflects culture, reflects reality. And crime problems are multi-layered and complicated, not because of some damn songs. Also, fat ***** ROCK (just had to throw that in there).

Best Answer

Music reflects culture? Ok, then why is rap primarily about getting down and nasty with big *****, and getting shot? Or drugs? Yeah, that's some culture I want to be a part of.

Best Answer

HAHAHAHAHA, -_-

Best Answer

You want to argue that music doesn't reflect culture? Lol. Music, even the kind you hate, is an art form. Art reflects culture and society. You actually defeated and answered your own statement in your response. A lot of rap music reflects what is going on in different areas/ neighborhoods. And a lot of that ain't pretty! So yes, it oft speaks of drugs, violence, sex...that's what some of us saw growing up. That's what some of us, unfortunately, had to live with where we came from. Furthermore, there is a huge amount of rap music that is highly political, intelligent, music that protests the things much of rap glorifies. That's part of our culture too, a part I'm very proud of. It's unfortunate that you only see one side. It's sad that you hate and judge with such vitriol that you cast aside an entire art form because of your narrow view.

Best Answer

Whatever, Teach your kids that all woman are good for is a piece of ***. Teach them about violence. I see young kids all the time saying they're thugs. WTF! They want no future but being in gangs. Wonder where they hear about that?? Hmmmm.

Best Answer

I teach them about tolerance, art, history, and critical thinking, amongst other things. Might want to look into that yourself.

Best Answer

Btw, I've taught over 3,000 kids in my career. I loved them all and taught them to have respect and tolerance for others. For you to assume I'd teach or preach sexism, of all things, is absurd. Incidentally, do you know who the single biggest demographic buying group of main stream hip hop music is?

Best Answer

You have your opinion of what art is and I have mine. That is all. No need to fight over it.

Best Answer

And now circular "logic" finds its way home! My point exactly. There are many art forms I don't care for, but I don't dismiss them as not being art.

Best Answer

I know, I just let my personal opinion get in the way sometimes.

Best Answer

Try it without the guns and the gangs and the mysogynistic philosophy it endorses.

Best Answer

Sometimes I find myself being into the beat of some rap songs, but when the lyrics come and talk about killing, guns, hoes, sex, and committing crimes as a way of an enjoyable life, it turns me off. <br />
I think the main reason some people don't like rap music is because they just don't relate to it. Most of the time it's not the actual beat or melody, it is the lyrics.

Best Answer

well said,u should try listen to rappers who dont talk about killing guns n hoes, b.o.b for example

Best Answer

Because it's not music$^&*()&%#@!$^**^$#@#$

Best Answer

It has to do with racism. They hate black people and their success with rap music. They also fear the lyrics in some rap music. Some of the people that say they hate rap music actually do listen to some rap music. They just won't admit it to a black person.

Best Answer

It has nothing to do with that. So you must hate white people? That's why you don't listen to classical? Just pull the race card. Ignorant.

Best Answer

I do hate white people. Don't deny me my experiences for the past 30 years or more. You don't know what we go through every day. I have a right to my opinions based on my experiences just like you have the right to your opinions. I can pull the race card all I want, it's none of your business. As for ignorant, you're the one that's ignorant about the suffering of blacks all around the world.

Best Answer

Wrong! Wrong1Wrong! It has nothing to do with racism it has to do with my personal dislike for something that isn't music

Best Answer

I don't care, that's your opinion. I have my opinions too. I believe that it has to do with racism in most cases.

Best Answer

I HATE when people pull the race card! How can this world move forward when you keep bringing it up. It's like this.. You fail a test, oh my teacher is racist. You get pulled over by a cop for running a red light, oh he must be racist. You just pull that race card for attention. It's always someones fault. Get over yourself. You don't see Jewish people, Chinese people, Mexicans, Cubans, etc pulling the race card. Only black people. We all struggle in life so get over it and take responsibility for your own life. Geez!

Best Answer

This isn't the 50's anymore. No one is going to make you do anything against your will.

Best Answer

That's too bad that you hate when we pull the race card. That's what happens whites oppress our race (and still do) for thousands of years. We bring it up because it's true. You're not black so you don't know. Don't talk about things you know nothing about. I don't care about Jewish people, chinese people, mexicans, cubans not pulling the race card. The fact is we are the race that has been damaged the most by whites and we have a right to complain if we are in pain. If it bothers you, TOO BAD!

Best Answer

:))

Best Answer

We suffer in silence and I don't like that. You can's shut me up like a dog and expect me to take the pain without complaining. Save that for your dirty stinking dogs that you abuse and live with like an animal.

Best Answer

you do have a point...bro

Best Answer

What did black people go through that was so bad? Look at the Jews. They went through the holocaust. do you see them whining about it everytime something doesn't go their way? Every race were slaves at one point.

Best Answer

I female but thanks.

Best Answer

Wrong. You were not damaged the most. You were not shoved in concentration camps and death camps and killed. Get over yourself. Yeah we hate black people so much! That's why I voted Obama for president.

Best Answer

I'm not going to teach you black history. I don't like you that much. We suffered for thousands and thousands of years and we still suffer all because of white people. READ YOUR BLACK HISTORY! The holocaust was nothing compared to what blacks went through.

Best Answer

No he doesn't. You can't say all white people are racist. I have a mixed family. I voted for Obama, I date Black people. I see no color when I look at you. It's only when you accuse me of being a racist is when i see color.

Best Answer

Whites completely destroyed our race and our history. There aren't even any white people in the bible and yet whites portray Jesus as a white man. Give me a break, whites are the epitome of evil. It's 2012 and white women still try to intimidate me on the street...yet I get arrested for spitting at them or pushing them out of my way? Would you like to live my life for a day you freaking retard!

Best Answer

I'll tell you your history. BLACK AFRICANS sold their OWN people to the states. Blame yourselves.

Best Answer

You're ignorant. Have a lovely night and don't let the KKK bite.

Best Answer

It doesn't matter, whites are the masterminds behind it. I know about black history, I studied it.

Best Answer

And you forget the point that we are still suffering because of whites and I never said all whites are racist. You added that on your own...going to sleep...will answer the rest of your comments when I've gotten some rest.

Best Answer

Wow Just Wow I`m sorry I even ask that question

Best Answer

A lot of black people don't like rap, I suppose that is racially motivated too?

Best Answer

jeez girl, not cool..

Best Answer

that IS why they hate hip hop

Best Answer

You don't go thru ANYTHING every other US citizen goes thru. Stop your wining step up and get it together. Nobody owes you anything!!

Best Answer

Thank you!!

Best Answer

blogger422, doesnt have a clue what his talking about,first of all ppl dont hate rap because they are racist fool,i used to hate it wen i was younger now i love it,it has nothing to do with race just some ppl cant relate to the lyrics,and about you being racist,if every1 taught lik you racism would never end,u obviously have a **** education!

Best Answer

I'm not a fan because the only rap I've been exposed to is the stuff I see on television. I don't like violence or dugs, but most of all, I think the way women are portrayed is highly offensive.<br />
I know there's a lot more rap that has quality substance about political statement and change, but I'm not even into the music really... I've always been more into more gentle lyrics and melodies :)

Best Answer

I love it. I loved punk too. Crude doesn't bother me and anyway there is a huge amount of intelligent hip hop out there, people just dismiss the whole art form and never hear it (for multiple reasons.) And like jazz, a lot of people just don't get it and/or like it. I don't GAF if people like it or not but it does bother me when people react to it with such vitriol or when they claim it isn't music. Hate it all you want but to assert that it isn't music is just ridiculous. People said the same thing about jazz. So ignorant. In my neighborhood growing up we simply did not have instruments. We were, however, creative and we were growing up in an increasingly electronic age. Sampling, mixing, scratching...DJing as a whole was so exciting for us. I wish people on the outside could catch a glimpse of what an exhilarating renaissance that was for us broke a$$ street kids.

Best Answer

Thanks so much! You just really cheered me up! :-)

Best Answer

boom cha boom boom cha cha<br />
♫ Its like this Mississippi<br />
We're just a bunch of old hippies<br />
We don't mean to disrespect<br />
we're just trying to be direct<br />
We just can't relate<br />
but its not rap that we hate ♫ <br />
ok I need more practice :)

Best Answer

I don't have any feelings about it one way or another. I do have a problem with people who love it LOUD who pull up to me at a stop sign where I can't get away from them and play it so loud my stomach gets upset. That just doesn't happen with other forms of music in my experience. I feel assaulted by it, and having hyperaccusis, it literally causes me pain. So... it's not the music (it isn't relevant to me) but the fact that it is forced on me in a way that hurts. It feels like passive-aggressiveness. Those who will end up deaf at 38 years old due to it don't seem to understand that they WILL be deaf. It's just a matter of time.

Best Answer

I just never enjoyed it and never respected it as music<br />
didn't have anything to do with where the rapper came from or any disrespect of a culture<br />
I'd just much rather listen to some good blues <br />
you gonna get in my face about that kiddo? Am I supposed to be upset if you don't like the blues?<br />
don't be so silly

Best Answer

Nothing personal. I like some rap but some of it is very tasteless. Similair to watching cigarette adds.

Best Answer

I would guess that those who do not like rap don't like it cuz they can't understand it or it's not their style of music.. I don't feel it's cuz they dont like where someone comes from.<br />
I don't really like country but I dont dislike people from Nashville...<br />
I dont feel it is personal.. at least I would hope not

Best Answer

**** you chocolate face ****** coon

Best Answer

I completely disagree with the racism comment, I find myself,that I hate certain rappers songs,not the rappers,I'm actually a big fan of rap,I love tupac,eminem ,biggie, macklemore Ect. I do not have a problem with lil Wayne or anything like that,I actually like him,I just don't agree with the lyrics to a lot of 50cent and lil Wayne's songs. I think rap is an edgy form of music which the young generation loves, also,in macklemores song the otherside he makes a good point, "violence drugs and sex sells so ill try to rap like someone else" this is true,I find in SOME only some,rap songs that just go on about drinking and being a real gangsta Ect. I think we should be rapping about things that are going to make young people think, things about real problems, but by all means,rap about drugs and drink and sex if you wish,but in my opinion I think rapping about those subjects should be in a discouraging way, not saying things like, "I go to the club get drunk and bring some bi*c**s home" it makes you think to be a rapper you need to be drunk,or come from "the hood" in my opinion,anyone,anywhere in the world can suffer and struggle just as much,I think rap shouldn't be about what you endured in life,it should be the way you handled it. <br />
That's just my opinion from a 15 year old girl..

Best Answer

we hate rap because it's primitive non-music about killing, *******, stealing, and hatred, and we are way more advanced than that. which is why you arent taking over anything but prison cells, welfare offices and cemetaries.

Best Answer

I think that most people cant get passed the beat and background music to listen to the words. <br />
" I tried them n***a's to be king, and all they ever wanted to be was soldiers"- Jay-Z

Best Answer

honestly the only rap i can sit through whthout switching to h.i.m or godsmack is the beasty boys and the gorillaz...most others make my ears bleed.

Best Answer

I love Hip Hop. Some rap songs have positive messages too, you just have to search for them. I dislike mainstream rap though because they're not very lyrical. True hip hop artist try to depict their struggle and of course others will like it because they might be going through the same thing. That new age rap talking about shacking their laffy taffy is non sense.<br />
Nas-What Goes Around<br />
Tupac-Keep ya head up

Best Answer

the last album Miles Davis did was hip hop/rap<br />
now tell Miles its not a legit form of music

Best Answer