I had a friend who had to be the center of attention all the time. If she wasn't she'd act sick or say she's in pain or can't keep anything down or someone has been mean to her. It was always something every single day. She called every day or would text for hours. Needless to say she affected my marriage when she sought my Husband's attention and I broke the friendship off with her when she did this. It was the straw that broke the camel's back. WHY? It was soooooo irratating.
flyon flyon 36-40, F 7 Answers Jun 8, 2009

Honestly the people who don't seek attention are people who got all their attention needs met as infants and toddlers. This is the age when attention SHOULD be lavished on a person. And those it has now do not understand those who have never been loved in this way. They also have forgotten their own babyhood and childhood and thus take for granted the attention they did get in the past and the fact that they no longer need this.<br />
This is pretty much all there is too it. Some people recognize this for themselves and then go on to try to meet their own needs but some always keep looking for others to give it to them- and unfortunately most people don't:( - UNLESS they are gorgeous or rich or ms. super personality- then guess what- people DO lavish attention on them and viola!! A narcissist is created! And we who created them by lavishing all our attention on them don't realize it- or our own prejudice.

Best Answer

thats why so many ppl in this world are snobby and dont give a damn on ppl emotions. :(<br />
and those kind of ppl are insecure about something deep down.

Best Answer

i think some people are insecure and this is what causes them to be needy in relationships. perhaps growing up her parents never told her she was special or maybe kids picked on her. I don't know why some people do this but it really does grate on your nerves when you are the friend on the receiving end.

Best Answer

People who are like this are usually very-very insecure with themselves.

Best Answer

I agree with the insecure group.

Best Answer

"Hystrionic Personality Disorder" <br />
Check & U will understand ;)

Best Answer