glassgirl09 glassgirl09 18-21, F 35 Answers Feb 26, 2010

Because they are not secure with who they are. They lack self-confidence and want to "fit in" to everyone else's expectations.

Best Answer

because they think their life sucks and there is no way out of their current situation, so, instead of facing reality and clawing their way into a better life... that would be too hard... they decide to just take the easy way out and lie themselves into a better existence.

Best Answer

It IS still them. Just another kind of them.

Best Answer

Well, some people are so insecure with themselves that they think they have to lie to come across as an intersting person. It is really sad if you ask me.

Best Answer

Everyone wants to be special. It's the original sin of selfishness.

Best Answer

They don't want to show her real personalities, faults, probably vulnerability?<br />
To impress their human environment?<br />
Not feeling excluded?<br />
...

Best Answer

maybe because the person they really are sux.

Best Answer

I totally am me, if people cannot accept that then it's their loss. I have never pretended to be something that I'm not I've always been honest.

Best Answer

you're lying no one has ever been honest not once in their life everybody lies and you're lying now by saying you've always been honest.

Best Answer

Your're right I have lied by denying stuff, but I usually come clean about everything so I am very honest.

Best Answer

Because they're not worth the pot they pee in!

Best Answer

to be a fake you have to be a good liar, and to be a good liar you have to have a good memory.

Best Answer

They could be afraid of being judged for who they really are.

Best Answer

they may not be happy with who they are and they want to try on another persona for size ,let's face it we are all always changing and hopefully growing. If it hurts no one, live and let live :)) Besides they may turn into someone really awesome!

Best Answer

thank you for best answer =]<br />
and I do not know.

Best Answer

I believe people pretend for a number of reasons: 1. To fit in with others: whether it be with co-workers,employers, church members, etc... 2.They're narcissistic (a classic sign of insecurity) 3. Because they're so insecure with the real them for whatever the reason or reasons may be that they create a prisona of whomever they wish were. I knew this teacher who liked people just fine as long as they needed him for something and as long as he felt superior to them. However, when that was no longer the case and he discovered that he was not needed or not as much and people had the ability to think and do things for themselves; they were discarded by him. These are a classic signs of narcissism and pretense in my opinion.

Best Answer

People pretend to be who they are not to cover up crimes they had committed over the years and to justify being in someone's country and to protect their children from their crimes.

Best Answer

because sometimes others judge them and see them so differently then they see themselfs and have a diferent opinion to who they are that they actually want to become the person people want them to be

Best Answer

I know why I pretended to be someone else people actually accepted me and liked me more when I was someone else other than myself. My insecurities basically were still there though so really being someone else didn't boost my confidence one bit for my insecurities actually made me realise how insecure I truly am I just feel unimportant and unworthy always have always will. Eventually I got caught hey doesn't everyone? and told the truth. I feel awful about it even if they say it's okay and they understand I still feel bad for lying to them. Basically the fear of rejection took a toll on me thus I resorted to pretending to be someone else online but not off, offline I was myself, depressed, insecure, and confused. I was somewhat the opposite of my true self I had a little confidence as my other persona however that still didn't help with my true feelings of myself in fact I still hate myself.

Best Answer

Because they want to appear more exotic, exciting, and important. They want to be accepted so bad that they will do anything. If a person cannot accept you for who you are or what you are then they are not worth your time. Be who you are. Forget about what other people think or say. Please the Almighty God and his son Jesus Christ. You are already important and beautiful.

Best Answer

mebe their trying to be who they wish they were. nothing lets you do that more than the internet!

Best Answer

It's a mental illness they can not control, born of not accepting themselves fully. Or, they are an actor.

Best Answer