I've been scanning the confessions for a couple of days and have noticed a whole lot of people who don't believe they deserve unconditional love ... why do you think that is? In response to some comments : Unconditional love does exist! It's the kind of love you would feel for your child, or for someone that no matter what they do, you will always keep loving them. That's my point of view any way.
Cici88 Cici88 22-25, F 22 Answers Jan 25, 2010

Low self esteem and self worth.

Best Answer

might be cause they have no concept of wht love really is..or they have hurt someone they loved and feel the need to be punished for it...

Best Answer

i never felt that way about myself, but rather i always met men who felt that way about me.

Best Answer

Perhaps they were never properly shown. Often parents just have kids but have their own demons to care for they have no time to show love to their offspring... this is were dysfunction is created... no matter what you come from always show somone close to you, who means a lot in your life your affection and your love, it is important but often enough most people don't love themselves in order to show love to others... and the circle goes round and round..isn't it sad, so now they either need therapy or must constantly makes themselves aware of the fact that they are valuable and mean something to someone. They search for someone to give them that sometimes they find it, however, unless you learn to truly love who you are the void cannot be filled. Hence, substance abuse, alcoholism, and many other addictions. WE ALL DESERVE LOVE AND TO LOVE OURSELVES!

Best Answer

I don't know but it is a shame, isn't it?

Best Answer

It could be because they lost someone in there life that loved them unconditionally (lke a parent). They may feel they didn't treat them right, like maybe acted like a brat at times, lied about things, and didnt have a chance to let them know they loved them back unconditionally as well.

Best Answer

I think it has to do with selfsteem. People who have problems with who they are, tend to think they are inferior to others and therefore deserve less than others. How can someone love me if I'm nothing but a low life scum? Anyhow this is what i think.

Best Answer

Because everyone has differing opinions.<br />
Not everyone is going to agree. I for one haven't exactly done a whole to deserve being loved. I'm a penny-pinching, anti-social, lewd, bastard. I can realize and accept this about myself because that's who I prefer to be.<br />
As I am, do I really deserve love? Hell no. But it comes my way, so I enjoy it while I can.

Best Answer

Unconditional love is something that I pray that everyone experiences. It is the one gift the I will treasure forever from my Mom. And I will never forget it. And I do not ever believe I will ever experience it again, except from my lovely puppy dog!

Best Answer

why is that so many feel they "deserve" something? who says? you're setting yourself up for all sorts of disappointments there.

Best Answer

I belive in unconditional love and I think I deserve it, I just don't want to share it with me........... :(

Best Answer

There is no such thing as an "unconditional love", why do so many people believe in it?

Best Answer