It is the fear of having it rub off on them. The knowledge that there are no more than a couple of paychecks between them and they street.

Best Answer

Because they are real and most people live in the surreal world of tv and commercial sports!!!I could only dare them to to take a walk on the true wild side of life instead of pretending to be something they will never be...a surviver!!!

Best Answer

Lack of compassion and/or a lack of understanding of the dynamics that lead to homelessness and a belief that somehow they are better, because they believe that they have somehow done something to keep themselves from suffering the same fate, when in reality, often, they have simply had better luck and often that luck starts with what kind of a home one is born into.

Best Answer

I like your answer very much because there was a time when I was homeless because my former husband was a drug addict and I was dumb enough to think that if I stayed with him he would get clean. I ran around with him homeless on and off for nearly two years trying to get him off or to stay off drugs and finally gave up. Neither his family or mine was willing to help either one of us. I stayed in a homeless shelter for 5 months, got divorced and am now in college. So just remember sometimes when a young lady asks you to buy her a sandwhich, sometimes that all she really needs!

Best Answer

Many people probably think that homeless people have "failed" in society and because of this, they deserve to be homeless. <br />
That's an ignorant attitude to have.

Best Answer

A lot of the homeless people I talk with when I do my job around the city are more pleasant too chat with than many I find.

Best Answer

Fear. People think that all homeless people are lazy, mentally ill, drug abusers, etc. The fact is the majority of homeless people are children, and veterans..... Sure mental illness plays a part and people have contempt in general for the mentally ill homeless because a lot of people do not understand what mental illness is and they believe laziness, being a whiner and being a cop out plays a role in mental illness some how. Some wonder what came first the mental illness or the drug abuse.... Trauma seems to play a part in both mental illness and drug abuse... Why have contempt for people who are suffering?

Best Answer

Because they can. Where's the downside to kicking the disenfranchised when they're down?

Best Answer

Fear. They might have to deceive themselves in believing that being homeless must be the fault of that person. To think otherwise means that it might happen to ANYONE!!

Best Answer

Fear, I would imagine.

Best Answer

I suspect some people have contempt for everybody but homeless people are an easy target for abuse.<br />
They look down on homeless people without even knowing what their story is , how they came to live on the street.

Best Answer

I'm not homeless I'm at home where ever I am, this is what most don't understand.

Best Answer

they are dirty and stinks?

Best Answer