Family?....They will borrow money to pay their light bills and go without heat in their homes so someone will THINK they are well off... This makes no sense to me at all...
vickieprince vickieprince 51-55, F 14 Answers Feb 25 in Doing Good

Its stupid. Once you get to a certain level financially it no longer matters what the Jones think, what kind of car you drive, or what clothes you wear. Those people who are out trying to impress are usually always overextended.

Best Answer

I completely agree, some of my family does that and I think, "what's the point it's just material things"

Best Answer

Yea that's terrible

Best Answer

They want everyone to think that they have a perfect life.

Best Answer

I never got into sneakers like other New Yorkers, I don't see the point of $200 -$300 ugly colored shoes that they literally fight and kill for. But I would rather pay the bills, hold off and buy a designer professional dress swear because apparently SVPs and VPs take notice and recommend you for a higher paying job.

Best Answer

Yah lol the Sneaker thing ain't my deal. But I prob would love a new handbag worth that $$$, or a dress. We live in a celebrity cultured t.v reality and that's not normal. We need to realize that our materialism can only go so far, hence retailers sucker us in, lol I laugh at the desperation retailers have for the holidays. Really a $1000 amazon card for buying a new ford, whatever! Give me that $1000 and I will buy another car for someone else that needs one! Dips

Best Answer

Well I was making great money until my ARM jumped to 19% I didn't know I couldn't afford a $400,000 house on $7.37 an hour.

Best Answer

It's one thing IF you have money to spend, but if you don't why do it.. Once you leave that income the spending should stop and family come first..

Best Answer

Low self-esteem.

Best Answer

Jones vs the Joneses ... So stupid. I don't get it either Vickie.

Best Answer

The Jones's attitude.

Best Answer

That's just crazy

Best Answer

LOTS of crazy here in Edmonton. Mega homes are out of control

Best Answer

Priority fail ! And yes I've seen this behavior with ppl that have a void . SELF CONFIDENCE? MAYBE?
SHOPAHOLICS, PPL ARE always lacking in some way or another. Therapy works.

Best Answer