OlivePhire OlivePhire 36-40, F 14 Answers Nov 10, 2012 in Religion

Because it is.

Best Answer

How so?

Best Answer

There are many religions and beliefs other than Christianity and God.

Best Answer

Yes, there are. Maybe I should reword the question?...I'm starting to think I should, lol

Best Answer

...um, maybe. I've read it several times now and I still think it says what I thought it said, which I guess is not what you meant. To your credit, I'm a bit intoxicated.

Best Answer

lol...you'll be ok

Best Answer

and...stop drinkin'!

Best Answer

Agree with SilenceEvermore. Religion is a structure. Anyone can do anything religiously. I brush my teeth religiously...twice a day. Just because you go to church religiously, it does not necessarily mean you are a believer in God and follow His teachings, etc. It just means you go to church.

Best Answer

Because many religions follow their own ideas and interpretations, of what they think God or Christ is saying. I prefer to just follow what was actually said..Christ preached tollerance, forgiveness, love..There are an awful lot of religions out there, that do not follow those concepts. Even if a person is not a believer of Christ, you have to admit, Jesus had a good philososphy of how to treat your fellow man.

Best Answer

Interesting...thank you for your answer

Best Answer

Religion is usually considered to have some form of structure..it's organized practice of faith with a community, as opposed to basically purely individual prayer and such.

Best Answer

I'm not quite understanding the difference. But, that's why I asked, lol

Best Answer

Religion = organized worship, generally.

Best Answer

Oh, I read this wrong. I agree with labracadorbra, because it is.

Best Answer

lol ok. But, how so?

Best Answer

take all religions and flush them!

Best Answer

when i took Comparative Religion, we studied more than just the one

Best Answer

Care to share a little more detail?

Best Answer

hinduism, buddhism, daoism, confucianism, & islam

Best Answer

And none of those consist of anything 'religiously'? As a couple people pointed out doing something repetitively...like a 'ritual,' I suppose....

Best Answer

the consensus is that they are all religions

Best Answer

Ok, thank you :).
I saw someone post somewhere a quote saying, "Jesus is not my religion, he's my savior." That is what prompted me to ask this question

Best Answer

...for the most part that's what prompted me...lol

Best Answer

think about the definition of religion (following a set of beliefs and practices), as well as the definition of god (for a ton of people god is not god/jesus).<br />
i think a lot of people reject either or for the stigma that is attached to it.

Best Answer

I have looked up the definition before. Maybe I should reword the question, lol. As it says "following/belief" in...

Best Answer

because there is more than one version, the Judea christian god is only one choice when it comes to a god yes Islam and Christianity are ba<x>sed on the same gods teaching but there are other gods who people believe in like Shiva or Isis or even the goddess in some pagan religions in essence Religion refers to a belief in a god or gods and the following of that said belief

Best Answer

Well yeah, I agree. I was wondering why some think the two, so to say, are not connected...

Best Answer

because god is a different thing to different people

Best Answer

True

Best Answer