like an emotional high or something. I mean it's kind of twisted but some women can't get enough of being emotionally abused, he leaves he comes back etc, I suppose they get some sort of emotional high from that
carrotman1 carrotman1 26-30, M 15 Answers Sep 20, 2013 in Hobbies

I have a pattern of emotionally abusive relationships. I don't consciously go looking for emotional abuse, but I somehow always find a way to end up in that position. I think a lot of it stems from how you are raised. I was raised in an emotionally and physically abusive environment - I don't know what to do with a guy who is "normal" - it kind of freaks me out in a way and I push and push him until I get a reaction. As soon as I get that reaction I feel secure and assured that all is as I'd thought. I know that sounds twisted.

Best Answer

Sorry about that. I hope you will drop this pattern someday. Keep on working on it :)

Best Answer

x x x

Best Answer

Story of my life there. :) It's not about fun it's about familiarity (and it really kinda sucks).

Best Answer

I can't imagine any kind of abuse feeling good.

Best Answer

An emotionally abusive father can cause a lifetime of finding abusive partners.

Best Answer

I fully agree - I'm a walking testament to that x x x

Best Answer

Me too ... I wish you the best!

Best Answer

Well my mom was the dominant one, my dad never even raised his voice very often, yet I'm in an emotionaly abusive relationship. So now what's your theory?

Best Answer

Mother's can do just as much harm!

Best Answer

I'm sure it stems more from how they were raised, how they're used to being treated. Some may feel they deserve that sort of treatment. I don't think they really get an emotional high from it. Some might, but I doubt it.

Best Answer

i doubt it...more like no male figure or a bad male figure while growin up

Best Answer

Often times it is because it reminds them of a past relationship, most likely with a parent. They could not fix that relationship so they create a new one and try to fix it.

Best Answer

no we don't i just left a relationship where i was emotionally abused its just so hard to let go of the person that you love they manipulate you into thinking they will change

Best Answer

I think it's quite complicated and has multiple factors. Most women who were raised in abusive environments lack assertiveness and self-esteem attracting these types of men! Also, abuse is familiar to them and feels normal. There is a certain high later on with the make-up part. A lot of emotionally abusive men can be charming and manipulative. They are controlling and know how to make a woman feel on top of the world when he wants to. But he will blame her for all the relationship problems and his anger issues. Women sometimes stay because they think that they won't find better, that they don't deserve better or just because they are so conditioned to it. Most of these women have poor boundaries. A lot will cover up for their abusers and are in denial.

Best Answer

No. Its about being needed and stuff. They have some issues with men in their life so they seek a higher man to tell them what to do, and do not want to lose that man in their life ever../again.

Best Answer

A lot of emotionally abused women aren't addicted to the feeling, but many of them are convinced that they deserve the abuse. Much of the time, women in abusive relationships have men who tell them that they deserve to be abused, and, having been in the situation for so long, they begin to believe it. The brunt of the responsibility for women being in that position is due to the men that have confined them to abusive relationships. Especially women who need confirmation and affection regardless of their "faults." Often times, the man will tell them "you are lucky that I stick around because you (insert insult here)." It's not a great situation to be in and with a little care from others, those women can become accustomed to a new type of lifestyle. A few even get fed up eventually and find ways to deal with it on their own.

Best Answer