Southpaugh Southpaugh 18-21 28 Answers May 5, 2012

My thoughts, usually, especially with younger women it`s (to me) indicative of an immature vanity and an ex<x>pression of competition with of women in the work place. This I think also relates to older maturer women who find themselves stereo typed into the same pattern of competition.<br />
Personally, I find their on display view irritating and a distraction. I tend to think less of them for it , a real put off. A real sexy woman does not have to promote her assets or herself in an overt voluptuous manner. In doing so, she is more like to attract a drooling moron who never really got past puberty and who`s next stop will be the rest room where he can truly express his feelings.

Best Answer

Well said. There was a time in my life when I was a amateur world class athlete and had an extremely taught body. Regardless, I never even considered showing up for work in a muscle shirt and tight pants--it was a dress shirt and tie, and maybe khakis on casual Fridays. You are absolutely right, women can look very attractive and professional in formal work attire, but formal clothing sends a clear message--'nothing for sale here except for my work product.'

Best Answer

Hi EnternalSoul, what a refreshing point of view. Except that......some mature women (I speak for myself here!) can still pull off a "short skirt" and "décolleté" but choose not to wear it at work.
Women who dress like that all over the world are not respected at all. Unless it is with their family/close friends/at home - i.e. in appropriate surroundings.
First lesson learned at age 13 or so - men look at women with heavy make-up, breasts and legs etc. on view. Decent women (we're not talking prudes here, just normal women) learn to tone down the make-up, skirts to just above the knee, and scoop necklines at the most.
Old-fashioned? Nope. I checked with my male colleagues aged 20-30. When they go out with a girl, they first of all check, how she is dressed.

Best Answer

To me it's as simple as being able to differentiate when it's time to 'advertise' and when it's time to be serious and help especially the drooling moron guys (they exist in all workplaces) also be serious about work. What we all wear makes a statement about what we are about at that moment. Wearing business-appropriate clothing does not, however, mean that men or women are not attractive. Smartly dressed women in the workplace are very attractive (if they take care of themselves, etc.). Men NEVER stop thinking about sex, but when a female colleague is dressed professionally men are forced to think of her in respectful terms--at least in the public sphere. When women show cleavage and thighs men cannot keep their minds on work. At the same time, many of these women feel justified in accusing certain men of 'leering' at them--what a joke! Simply put, a professionally dressed woman has the correct kind of power at work vs. the ***** (let's be honest) at work who just want to get around the system and have men 'provide' them with unearned attention and perks.

Best Answer

Because we can.....Enough said!

Best Answer

That is the best answer by far!
It shows that a woman is comfortable with herself!

Best Answer

Why,ty! That's right....That's the best way to be, comfortable.

Best Answer

Because no one taught them to respect the people they work with.

Best Answer

There are dress codes for professionals. Some look slutty. One woman wore leather pants...She was older and it looked terrible in a hospital setting. She should have saved them for elsewhere. Some people...

Best Answer

I occasionally show a little cleavage at work for the very simple reason that I like to feel a bit sexy sometimes. I think if you're a man with basic maturity you can handle it without it being a distraction. And I don't think I'm ob<x>jectifying myself by doing so, it's just a little cleavage every once in a while, not walking around with no blouse and a see-through bra. People just naturally want to feel sexy.

Best Answer

hanent you heard of advertising. it really works some times.

Best Answer

I don't know why some women wear that kind of clothing to work. For myself, I value actually getting work done. Wearing revealing clothing makes it easier for men to ob<x>jectify women and forget the fact that we have minds. I'd rather not deal with getting hit on at work. It's not appropriate.

Best Answer

Thank you for your response. As a man I have to admit that I notice these things, but as a professional I am just like you--work is about work. I worked at a small college in the Middle East for the last 3 years. In my small dept. I had three close women colleagues. We could joke and have good conversations, but when it was time to get the work done, we were all just professionals. On the other hand, I worked for the US gov. for a year, where I saw a number of different instances of women simply advertising their 'wears' at work. They were impossible to work with because all they focused on was status, perks, and finding someone to seduce into doing the work for them. Work is work, and play is play, and the latter should never compromise the former. By the way, this goes for the guys I have met in work circumstances that spend all of their time trying to pick up women and / or smooze the boss for some advantages.

Best Answer

Men and Boys like it, I do it because it is sexy and I am a teaser.

Best Answer

to look sexy

Best Answer

Because you cant turn a ho into a housewife!

Best Answer

Ok, I am a male and men are visually stimulated. I'm going to look and look long, hard, and deep. Men are fascinated with breasts. Well most men are. So if the woman is showing a lot of cleavage, she is doing it on purpose. Probably to get the attention of men around her and that makes her feel sexy.

Best Answer

For attention.

Best Answer

Because men like seeing **** and *** and some women like showing it.

Best Answer

Because this is how they got their jobs- by screwing superiors- which is why those with ability/smarts find it so difficult to get work out there. so they dont bother hiding the fact that they prefer to gain status and privilege through their boobs rather than knowledge. it's trailor trash, but obviously they like it! math is hard! duh........

Best Answer

For people you to have a little peak lol

Best Answer

lol I m hard and i don't have a girlfriend now a days.
THAT IS SIMPLY HITTING A TRIAL ON A POOR SOUL.:(

Best Answer

Because they feel good in those clothes? It makes them feel confident and sexy, and they enjoy it.<br />
People should be able to wear whatever they want--it's none of your business. Sure, in many cases you will have to look at them, but you can bear it for a small portion of your day, I'm sure.<br />
I know there's a lot of women who dress like ***** because they want attention (and often complain when get it then, which can be soo annoying, I agree), but at the same time it's HARD for a woman to find clothes that aren't a little "dangerous" in the women's department. (and shopping in the men's department? not a real solution here. some people are actually proud of their gender.)<br />
I've personally avoided wearing clothes I like for years because the top is too low-cut or something, but it's just as ridiculous that I shouldn't wear what I want because it's too sexy as someone wearing clothes they don't like to be sexy.<br />
In short---<br />
LET PEOPLE WEAR WHAT THEY WANT, AND SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT IT!<br />
It bugs you because you think they're "just doing it for attention?"<br />
Then don't give them attention for it, problem solved!<br />
Or do you feel shown up? Like they're competition in a battle you don't want to fight? Then YOU have a problem, not them.

Best Answer

It's called fashion, designed strangely enough by men. Personally I prefer to dress for the workplace I can get on with my work without those men in the workplace who haven't yet grown up making comments more suited to the playground.

Best Answer

some of them are quite sexually active and simply proud of it, others are naively invoking a power they can't seem to master

Best Answer

For People like us to admire and appreciate!

Best Answer

Because they know we will give the attention they are seeking.

Best Answer

Sometimes it's hot. Sometimes I feel like pants make my *** look big. Sometimes I haven't done the washing...But who needs a reason?

Best Answer