mummydiaries mummydiaries 31-35 8 Answers Apr 5, 2012

All those fairy tales

Best Answer

maybe because people think they are the reason why the parents are no longer together thus perceived as the villains? home wreckers? although some came later after the parents are separated. i think the media/movies can be blamed as well...<br />
i really can't relate since i don't have one. my parents stayed together until my father died after 42 years of being married.

Best Answer

Yeah it is a tough one... I think even if they can after the divorce the kids still may feel that if they hadn't come along there would still be a chance for their parents to get back together. Step parent sthrough no fault of their own squash that hope... Tough job!

Best Answer

i dont know but mine is amazing! :3

Best Answer

most of them (step-p's) are selfish ****** who only realize the ramifications of living with children that they have no "real" tie to too, too, too late. resentment grows and grows. and also there are plenty of step-kids who, even if their parents never split and were the absolute best, would throw week-long shitfits following any instance of not-getting-their-way anyways, and having the law laid down by a non-relative is just a useless detail that will get amplified, especially if the blood-parent makes it a habit of deferring judgement to their new spouse.

Best Answer

some are good, but I think there are enough step parents that do not love the stage 1 kids as much as their own. Enough that the bad rap has taken hold.

Best Answer

I don't think it is possible to love someone else kids as much as your own but there is no reason why you can't love them in your own way. I love my step kids very much but the love I have for my daughter is different. In saying that there is nothing I wouldn't do for my step kids and I have always been there when they need me. Love is important.

Best Answer

You are one of the good ones, I come from a broken marriage and growing up I have felt/seen the difference in the love. The way I see it is that the kids should not know the difference. and sadly sometimes the difference is clear and it is not until we are older are we able to understand why.

Best Answer

they have too gain so much respect... they never really do either...

Best Answer