Every once in a while the black ink in my tattoos raises. Some of my tats are more than 10 years old. Anyone experience this or know why it happens?
Egoberd Egoberd 31-35, F 10 Answers Sep 2, 2009

I get the same with red - think it's a reaction, like Trgdy ann says.

Best Answer

your skin has a reaction to the ink when your body undercomes certain conditions such as heat, itching, slapping, stress, or sickness. A few of my tattoos sweel and itch under these conditions and many others due to it's nothing to worry about it.

Best Answer

scarring can occur through blunt, worn or hooked needles. over tattooing packing in to much pigment. some people can have problems with certain colors too much heat can raise affected areas but when your body cools down so can the swelling

Best Answer

Actually, if your body has come in contact with some type of virus or bacteria, your immune system will try to find that bug and destroy it. Because your tattoo is a foreign body, your immune system will also attack it, thus sometimes the itching and swelling.

Best Answer

Like outpost said... its the heat & certain ink. I only have it on one of mine, a peach color, whenever I go to the beach it swells up....

Best Answer

uh because you are not suppose to tatoo your body? you are not suppose to torture your skin. if you end up with a blood infection don't say you didn't know!

Best Answer

because your sticking needles in your skin

Best Answer

i dunno but if i slap mine say theres a bug on my arm it will swell up and they are 4 years old

Best Answer

thats what u pay for,its done as a scar,the tattoist that made u the tattoo made u a scar cause he or she used toomuch force ,i made 1 ,10 years ago and it does it and lastime i did 1 it took me 6 hours and nothing my skin is still the same ,i paid heaps but thats what i got the tattoo its beautiful it took 6 hours and its like nothing,its like when u get an injection if the doctor or apprentice is an idiot he just sticks in the injection and its painful and probably ul have a bump but if hes good u dont even feel anythin apart from a little sting!

Best Answer