bonnie129 bonnie129 31-35, F 22 Answers Mar 30, 2010

This is the way we are made. Teenagers have to leave home and find their own lives. Hormonal levels in kids peak and they are DRIVEN to leave home. Girls hate their mothers. Boys hate their fathers. They leave home and have their own kids and the cycle starts again. <br />
Nice thing is that in their 20s they turn into nice people again and often can be best friends with their parents.

Best Answer

They look and see their own future before them

Best Answer

Because they force the correct use of apostrophes on them... the b!tches!

Best Answer

i regret a lot of things i put my mother through when i was a teenager - i took her for granted. i saw her attempts to ensure that i was safe as her trying to control me & treat me like a child. <br />
they are also incredibly naive & don't know it - they think (or like to think) they know everything, & they've got it all figured out. that & they are growing into adulthood, want independence, & think of their mothers as kind of "holding them back". <br />
because mother's are still mostly in charge when it comes to the kids, it's not really the same for dad's - but that's especially true for their daughters. because mother's were once teenage girl's themselves, they know what they are like & how they think...& it scares them! a father doesn't - he thinks of his daughter as a precious & innocent little angel (hence why he doesn't want her to have anything to do with teenage boys, who will "corrupt" her), who he just wants to make happy...even if it goes against what the mother wants. <br />
i know my dad used to let me do things & say "don't tell mum, or **** will hit the fan!"<br />
once upon a time, my mother & i were at each other's throats - now, we're best friends. we have our own personal jokes, & do special "mother-daughter" things together (going out for dinner, to the movies, coffee, ect). i regret a lot of the things i did as a teenager, & most of them were things that my mother had told me not to do & had tried to protect me from doing! turns out, mum knows best after all.

Best Answer

I suspect that a lot of it has to do with the teen getting sick and fed up of being governed, and wants what they want when they want it. Generally it seems that girls get on better with their fathers, and boys with their mothers. I know I used to say that school holidays were great - except that Father was there... and we used to have some humdinger dust-ups (although he only ever struck me once).

Best Answer

Teenagers are beginning to feel the power of their own convictions. <br />
Mother-daughter relationships require communication and understanding on both sides.<br />
Being tolerant of mother's view on things is extremely difficult at this age and produces the tension.

Best Answer

They don't really hate their mums, they are hormones on feet as you where at that age and they are just trying to figure out life and where they want theirs to take them, they are also testing their independence and testing to make sure you love them no matter what.<br />
They will come out the other side and become the normal kids you love and miss so much just give it time.

Best Answer

Leporid has my vote, parent first, friends later

Best Answer

said who i don't think so

Best Answer

"Raging Hormones"...it's like something zaps you in your behind at age 13...you go from being your mothers "loving child" to a complete stranger....when I was a teen, I thought I was smarter then my parents (especially my Mom) LOL...But she kindly put me in my place and I love her to death for that =)

Best Answer

It's just not with the teenage girls....but with every human being who faces criticism frm anyone outside of him/her.

Best Answer

Because they are teenagers! Teenagers of both genders hate their parents. Leporid has it right, they'll get over it.

Best Answer

Because they represent what we might become, and that's frightening. My mother didn't accomplish much, I hated her for being a slave to my father and family and not having a life of her own, and I hated the idea of growing old.

Best Answer

ILLJ beat me to it

Best Answer

LoL!!! Oh how I wish I knew! Probably cuz mom's are smart and very in-tuned to their kids and their behaviors. They know what is going on... without being told... they have that maternal instinct. <br />
:D

Best Answer

They dont really, although it may seem like that, its just a phase they go through!

Best Answer

ill give you the real answer. It because they don't understand us. We want to be treated with respect and we won't to tell you things but when you yell or take away stuff it doesn't teach us a lesson it makes us more mad and when we apologize were usually lying. When we talk even if its in a tone don't interrupt just wait there and don't walk away just listen. We will calm down eventually. Its how you treat the situations that count . They think there right all the time just try to think how you might be wrong because usually they are

Best Answer

Being a teenager and seeing other peoples points of view...maybe it is hormones? But when I see the way my mom treats my brother as how she treats me I get upset...I feel like she didn't need me but my brother only. I'm forced to do everything at home while my brother goes to play on his ipod. My mom gives my brother freedom, chances and basically everything she can give, but she keeps me in chains. I know I take my mom for granted but so does my brother!<br />
Numerous times have I thought about suicide (starting at grade7) and running away since I was in kindergarten. Everytime she hits me, I feel like she regrets giving birth to me. It's too late to put me in an adoption center since all her friends and family would ask. Even writing this comment makes me want to cry.

Best Answer