LUTENANT

Best Answer

I think that it is the result of too much tea and a direct correlation harming self-esteem from the transformation of being a huge empire to a country that is know for only for that lady that sings good - boyle. It is a tragedy.

Best Answer

Dang I need a cuppa. Hold on.Don't say anything till i get back

Best Answer

LMAO

Best Answer

Stop there. <br />
Leftenant was the word for it FIRST, as British Standard English was first. It pre-dates "American English". It comes from Latin/French words.

Best Answer

nice parry

Best Answer

My favorite gentleman; Gen. George Smith Patton Jr. once stated: "We are a common people separated by a common language." Spent a lot of time with the Brits. in Hong Kong and Singapore, liked them a lot. They sure can drink. I think the Gen. was spot on.

Best Answer

hahaha I find this hilarious! Regards from London :D

Best Answer

it's the correct pronunication...it's origin is a french word...come to my country and you'll hear a heap of words pronounced with an ' f' ' when there isn't an ' f ' in the word.. eg Whakapapa

Best Answer

And why is "Worcestershire" pronounced "woostershire"?

Best Answer

We English are like that especially place names

Best Answer

Yes, I shoulda said "woostersheer".

Best Answer

Damn! I thought the Shire was in England! I hope it's not too late to cancel my plane ticket. I was a'lookin' forward to one of them there hot little midget gals with hairy toes!

Best Answer

It the accent you perceive the f sound

Best Answer

I say, Guv'nah....do explain.

Best Answer

I thought it was said "leeoo tenahnt" even when those overseas say it o.o

Best Answer

a mouth full of marbles

Best Answer