luv2showoff luv2showoff 41-45, M 13 Answers Jan 7, 2013 in Community

Religion is the most virulent form of mental infection ever to plague mankind. Although it takes effort to eradicate it on a personal level it requires intellect and reasoning suprisingly few people are willing to employ or even possess. Essentially humans are herd animals and who wants to be the only purple zebra? Too few of us seem to grasp that we are no longer at the mercy of the casual predator, so no longer need to remain inside the herd and anonymously so. Remove religion and the sheep will replace it another safety net to cushion the blows of a reality they are too afraid to face for what it is. And moreover, there will always be the unscrupulous who will use religion, politics or science to manipulate the mob for their own ends. Nature evolves the most complex structure on earth, the human brain, but the consequence is the delicacy of its OS and its susceptibility to virus and malware. The same species creates the wonders of global communication, art of astounding beauty and searches the stars with fascination, then it kills innocents for the slightest excuse, watches its own children starve and invents new and bizarrely elaborate reasons to hate and to justify madness and murder.

Best Answer

The problem is we tend to use terms like them and us. The west, the East etc. Most people in Europe would hate the idea of having tensions rise with Russia again. I greww up in the shadow of the cold war at its very height and thatt is a terrible fear to burden children with. Ridiculous politicians and those with their own greedy or sociopathic agenda dictate the world stage. We little people tend to get along just fine regardless of what country we were born in if we leave the politicians and dictators out of it. My mothers teaching were simple, everyone is your brother or sister until they break your trust.

Best Answer

That is how religion propagates from one generation to the next. Otherwise, nobody would fall for that crap, if instead religion had to survive by appealing to a person's sense of reason.

Best Answer

You know what I find bullshít? The top rated responses - Attacking religious people and pushing Atheist's bullshít. God, the hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Best Answer

Since the dawn of mans 12'000 years of cultural development only the last 200 or so has seen enlightenment regarding the supernatural and paranormal. Almost a 3rd of Western society has rejected notions of gods and divine interference. Its inevitable.

Best Answer

Atheists have always been around actually, and have always been attacking religion. There is a greek poem called "On the Nature of Things" by Lucretius that denounces the Gods.

Best Answer

Of course non-religious individuals and movements have existed but its the growing acceptance that one can actually live a moral and fulfilling life without gods or imagined creators. I did read de Rerum Natura when i was quite young. It was a required read for athiests. lol. Still, its taken almost 17 centuries before their was any real reaction to his ideas of Animus and Anime. fascinating stuff.

Best Answer

I think it was fairly accepted in Greece and certain other places. In the West though, you'd probably be right.

Best Answer

Just a minor point, you say athiests 'attacking' religion? I wonder what the body count is of the non-religious being burned, dismembered, torutured and imprisoned for life is? And before you leap on the idea of stalins athiest views leading to the estimated slaughter of 20 million + he was a psychopath not a reasoning morally guided free thinking individual. He was one man, not a representative of a world concept.

Best Answer

Have you forgotten the persecution of Christians in Rome? Or the wars between Christians and Muslims, Protestants and Catholics? There were probably plenty of Atheists then who simply went to church so that they were accepted by society. Those were the times of kings, the kings gave orders, people obeyed (in the period I am referring to). I don't think the objective of the king was "my religion is right, kill everyone else because of that" I think the king's objective was, "I have to keep the religion unified so it is easier to control my people" or, "This guy is causing a ripple in the fabric and that may result in a revolution." Stalin didn't slaughter 20 million+ people on his own, either.

Best Answer

And likewise, those individuals did not represent a world view. I don't mind Atheists, as a religious individual. I feel like one myself sometimes. I just don't like when someone shites on religious people while complaining about religious people pushing their beliefs.

Best Answer

IN A WORD,"MONEY$$$$$$$$$$PERSONALLY,AFTER BEING KICKED OUT OF A BAPTIST CHURCH not attending any CHURCH, THEN JOINED A "NEIGHBORHOOD LDS CHURCH," THEY BOTH BUGGED MY HOME,PHONES,VEHICLES, MAIL & INTERNET, STOLE MY MONEY THRU MEMBERS OF THEIR CHURCHES,GOT ME FIRED FROM MY CAREER AS AFLIGHT ATTENDANT FOR "UAL"NEARLY. 30YEARS OF SERVICE, RUINED. FAMILY UNITY, TRUST,CAUSED A LIST OF EARLY DEATHS & RUINED MYLIFE "TO LIVE FAR AWAY FROM THE SURROUNDINGS OF THIEVES & BEING HELD FINANCIALLY. HOSTAGE HERE DELIBERATELY RUIN MYCRDDIT

Best Answer

cause we are insaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnne xD

Best Answer

They just want to rescue everybody, but that is impossible and they go about the wrong way of doing it. I believe in God and Jesus, but I don't go shoving my beliefs down people's throats. God doesn't even do that. He gives people a choice to believe and worship him no one is forced. If God doesn't force the beliefs then humans definitely have no right to force theirs.

Best Answer

religion was the cause that put science in the dark ages. if it hadn't been for war of religion, then we would a thousand years way more advanced in technology.

if people want religion, then there's only one to believe in, and that's God

Best Answer

Because they want you to get high on the drug they're pushing. Just as bad as crack.

Best Answer

...........They are bored and confused.... Shitttt like this makes them feel in control for a temporary escape!

Best Answer

If you really want to know, read this:

The True Believer: Thoughts on the Nature of Mass Movements by Eric Hoffer http://amzn.to/XexkAF

Best Answer

Sorry, I'm not going there. That doesn't exactly look like a trust worthy url.

Best Answer
Best Answer

Just like "fb.me" means it's a facebook shortlink. Not all shortlinks are scams, and you can recognize the larger sites by the domain element in the URL. Your policy makes sense though, less tech-savvy users are often fooled by shortlinks.

Best Answer