thanksforcomin thanksforcomin 22-25, M 9 Answers Nov 9, 2012 in Community

Originally.the term came from people trying to quit smoking,when Camel nonfilters were big> (turkish blend tabacco) A "cold turkey" was an unlit Camel ! ,,,,,,,.....(not really sure,but it's all I can come up with) ; )

Best Answer

This is an excellent question. I never thought about it before; so I looked it up. This is what I found

A narrowing of the meaning "suddenly or without preparation," from cold turkey being a dish that requires little preparation; originally used for heroin addicts.[7]

From the American phrase talk turkey meaning "to speak bluntly with little preparation".[8]

Some believe the derivation is from the comparison of a cold turkey carcass and the state of a withdrawing addict — most notably, the cold sweats, goose bumps.[9]

Reference to the periods after Christmas and Thanksgiving holidays where cold (leftover) turkey was likely to be eaten, coinciding with the end of those holidays' characteristically high alcohol consumption.[10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_turkey

Best Answer

Thanks for best answer.

Best Answer

I don't like cold turkey.

Best Answer

I have no idea really, could it be that the person tends to be cold with a grey pimply skin, just like a cold turkey, I wonder?

Best Answer

Its a dead bird that lost its ability to regulate body temperature....

Best Answer