starship33 starship33 36-40, F 9 Answers Nov 4, 2012 in Health

Raw eggs, so there's always the possibility of food poisoning. It's better to give consumers the disclaimer, just in case.

Best Answer

Raw eggs; no other reason.

Best Answer

You probably don't have a compromised immune system. Most of the food borne illness warnings are overstated and normally wouldn't have an affect on the common people, but they make sure that everyone is aware as a safety precaution. Salmonella usually gives most people, at worst some flu-like symptoms for a few days but those with weaker immune systems can risk getting sick or suffering death.

Best Answer

You can get sick from eating "too" much of anything. But I agree with you on the dough. I love oatmeal cookie dough. I like to make a big batch of eat and keep it in the fridge. A spoonful makes a nice snack. and then if someone does happen to stop by, it's easy to turn on the oven and bake a few cookies and serve coffee and fresh cookies. Mostly though the dough gets eaten raw. As far as the egg remark, We eat ice cream and egg nog and mayonaise and they all have raw egg in them. Sometimes I think it all got started just to keep kids from eating all the dough before mom could make her cookies.

Best Answer

Because there is raw egg in it. Some where some one got sick on a raw egg or an under cooked egg and sued someone for it. That launched a whole campaign to stop people from eating under cooked eggs. There was a time when restaraunts were made to cook all eggs hard. Then they eased up on that.

Best Answer

I LOVE raw cake/cookie batter far, far more than the finished product. The flavors are more intense and the texture is better :P

Best Answer

They're just party poopers. With cake and cookies, the dough is the best part. [:{)

Best Answer

Raw eggs have been known to make people sick. Doesn't always happen...it's just possible.

Best Answer

The incidence of salmonella from poultry is high. So, with raw eggs, especially from antibiotic treated mass farming operations (they don't develop protective microflora), it is a crap shoot.

Best Answer