They have a button that turns off the volume but not the screen. I want a button that turns off the screen but not the volume.
mononoaware mononoaware 26-30, M 13 Answers Nov 24, 2012 in Movies & TV

If you have a modern Tv is should come with an energy save function where you can turn off the picture but hear the sound.

Best Answer

Actually, as far as I can tell, my "eco" button doesn't do anything. And there's no information about it in the manual, which is strange.
The set is a little under a year old.

Best Answer

when you press the energy saving button ... you should be able to scroll back and forth to choose a setting ... perhaps try googling the model of remote for its functions.

Best Answer

i was having that feature in my old tv, where you can set the channel as music, that turns off the picture tube, but sound continues to play.<br />
i have a suggestion for you, if you have an separate input for audio and video in your system(probably in set box), may not be possible in RF input type. You can have a parallel audio cable connected to audio output of your set box and feed as input to your music system.<br />
When you don't want to see the video you can turn off the power button of your tv, and turn on music system's auxiliary input, otherwise you can simply view your tv.

Best Answer

Unfortunately, my tv doesn't work that way, though I have tried it. Thanks for actually trying to help, though, unlike most everyone else.

Best Answer

HaHa, no doubt! I guess that would be the "off" button. ; )

Best Answer

No, that turns off the screen AND the volume. I want a button that ONLY turns off the SCREEN but leaves the volume on.

Best Answer

Well, you could just unplug the video cord and leave the audio cords in. That would work.

Best Answer

And have to struggle to rewire the whole thing when I want a picture? I'd be better throwing a blanket over it.

Best Answer

its the " off " button

Best Answer

Best Answer

Try trowing a bottle.

Best Answer

The "blind button" is the OFF switch.

Best Answer

Best Answer

That would be handy for the scary parts in movies where you expect something to pop out lol

Best Answer

It's also handy for nights when my eyes hurt but I don't want to miss my shows.

Best Answer

There is a thing called a radio.

Best Answer

You have a thing called missing the point.

Best Answer

It's the noise that is so bothersome. Why would you want it with no picture?

Best Answer

You clearly have never had eye pains.

Best Answer

Turn it off then. The sound on 99 percent of television is garbage anyway.

Best Answer

And I want to listen to the 1 percent.

Best Answer

I will sell you my tv..<br />
I get volume, but no..visuals on the screen.

Best Answer

But you don't have a button that turns the screen on, do you?

Best Answer

It's called "Power off"

Best Answer

Best Answer