cutejulie cutejulie 16-17, F 58 Answers Feb 1, 2011

Probably because once upon a time someone lied to them. told them they were either ugly or beautiful when they were not. <br />
Or it is self esteem issues!

Best Answer

lol luv your answer

Best Answer

Some times a pretty girl is looked as so much that if they are depressed they will turn it against themselves and say they are ugly. <br />
Being always looked at is a burdon to some people. This is a way for them to put themselves down when that is not what is happening when others look at them.<br />
So the best you can do is work on yourself to have a healthy self image and look at others looks as something positive but not world shaking either.

Best Answer

Pretty/ Ugly is a state of mind..................ugly people have a tendancy to be beautiful on the inside and pretty girls have a tendancy to be ugly on the inside.

Best Answer

thats what they want you to believe

Best Answer

I think I'm ugly but everyone says I'm pretty cute, but I think I look a LOT like a guy instead of a 10 yr old girl. There's this guy I like I the class and he says I'm hot and then feels my skin, then says yeah u really are boiling! >:( !!!! But I think the answer to your question is ppl trying not to be cocky about their looks. And ugly ppl think they're cute because they WISH they were cute.

Best Answer

MonkiesAndBananasarn?<br />
Men r the ones that tell tejir daughters that they're beautiful and so they grow up thinking they're beautiful. <br />
Y do men keep bitching that "all men r different" but all of them agree that every man wants a hot babe?<br />
Y do u men get upset that women stereotype men but u men stereotype each other all the time?<br />
There r some men that date ugly women and there r others that don't. Blame them for giving ugly women the time of day.....stop blaming women. <br />
And as for beautiful women that think they're ugly.....well....I have no idea. <br />
Oh and maybe a few million men like ugly, fat fatties out of billions of men so y do u men care if they think they're pretty? U hate them anyways.

Best Answer

MonkiesandBananas is right on target! There is nothing wrong with adding humor to criticism when the information is based on honesty.

Best Answer

because god made opposite sex attracted to each other stupid

Best Answer

I think it's all about perception. When you hear someone say they're the smartest in the class, our tendency is to challenge that thought. Therefore we look closer into the microscope for flaws to pick out. Same applies with beauty. if a girl claims she is pretty, we will have the tendency to challenge that thought with our own perception of what we think 'pretty' is, and once proven wrong the chances of thinking she's less attractive than she is goes up. In comparison to attractive girls who find themselves ugly, lowering yourself (or being humble) about your appearance attracts more compliments within itself while other people won't have an opinion (or at least not have an opinion because they aren't consciously thinking about it.) So in conclusion, us as skeptic human beings challenge what we find pretty if we've gotten the idea consciously in our mind. (so it's more noticeable). And there is definitely a difference between being righteous and confident, plus there won't be a statement made for how they think they look so there won't be an opinion in the first place. so I believe it's all ba<x>sed on humbility and perception, haha hope this made sense. :)

Best Answer

That's a really great thought! It seems like everyone all has unique ideas of how it works I guess we will never know:P

Best Answer

I think this question is pretty stupid since everyone has their own definition of ugly/pretty.

Best Answer

coz ppl r stopid

Best Answer

perfect example of being stupid with your spelling

Best Answer

I can never really tell. I think I am ugly but my parents are divorced and whenever I see one of them, they will leave the house with a list of things (chores) for me to do because they are to busy seeing other people.I am also very strong because my dad treats me like the son he never got. It isn't noticeable but no one likes me because I am stronger and try harder. I hate the way I look but there are things I love that I wish were more noticeable than my flaws.I was barely ever told I was pretty by my parents but that doesn't mean I am ugly.

Best Answer

Well I am ugly and I know.

Best Answer

Wow so many shallow people on this page. <br />
At the end of the day it all comes down to self-confidence.<br />
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder: what you think is ugly others may see as pretty.

Best Answer

stop copying other peoples sayings

Best Answer

For the record: I think that everyone is both pretty and ugly at the same time, but there is a mainstream notion of beauty that appeals to most. Mainstream pretty girls their self esteem is built on others telling them they are pretty but the others need to build self esteem from within.

Best Answer

Actually I think for many pretty girls it is an act. They say "I'm so ugly", My hips are too big" etc. But they do it to elicit the compliments of "Oh no your beautiful" stuff. Many tend to have overinflated egos that have to be stroked. But as somebody else said this is mostly at younger ages. As they mature it usually changes. Take for instance my beloved wife. She was stunning when we met but also had a wonderful personality. I also know she was a cheerleader, homecoming queen etc. If I had met her then she ,may have been a little conceted. My theory anyway.

Best Answer

your user name is cutejulie so i really don't know how i should respond to this

Best Answer

this is the only truly intelligent comment i've seen so far

Best Answer

Well its really in the eye of the beholder and a lot of men think with there d**k.sometimes they just want a quick bust cuz they are tricks.and usually men don't even ask a women if they have a diploma.but they rather just jump into something that's pretty.just like when u see a new pair of shoes and u have a bill to pay but the shoes are a tad bit cheaper than the bill.some people care bout a look and dnt even want to find out what could happen if u follow that look.a lot of people are little minded and dnt look at a big picture in life but what they see or what they can get.so if a pretty girl don't have sex with a guy cuz the guy just wants her p***y then she can be considered ugly or ***** or a **** in his eyes cuz she knows her own worth.but the guy thinks her worth is only giving up her p***y cuz she pretty and a man wants her and it don't work like that.ugly women have that same problem as well but a lot of pretty women unknowing turn themselves into ****** or kept ****** becuz they live off of there looks instead of trying to become something in life to train there children to be successful in life but instead they turn into old bitter women cuz they are old and dnt nobody really care for no old person and guess what they dnt have **** to show for there progress in life.all in all its a sinful world and it seems to be all about drugs or money and or sex.the world is upside down and all it is is getting worse.

Best Answer

Hm, narrow minds do think alike. Also, it's cause* not cuz*

Best Answer

I think some people that have never been told that they are beautiful and all they hear is negativity then thats what they will grow up believing that they are unattractive or ugly .Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.There are a lot of people who seem to care about what's on the outside of a person but God cares about what's on the inside of your heart.So make it point to show your inner beauty more so than outter beauty and you most likely get much further in life.Outter beauty is important but inner beauty is what really matter!

Best Answer

There's a girl at school who is fat and ugly who thinks she can get all of the guys. And worse yet, she flirted with my ex while we were still together and he ended up standing me up for her at prom. Her eyes are not parallel, her teeth are crooked and sharp, she never showers, and her idea of standing up straight is all hunkered over. Not to mention that she's a huge ***** and slaps him all the time, while I busted my *** for him. He claimed that he "likes rough girls." That's alright, though. I can do better than that piece of **** (my ex)! Oh, and this girl claims for me to be her "best friend," but yet she stole my boyfriend. What a *****!

Best Answer

you probably deserve it

Best Answer

I'm asking this same question. Some people tell me I'm pretty or beautiful but I seem to think that they take pity on me and they don't want me to feel bad if they say I'm ugly or something like that. I think I'm not pretty but I guess I'm not hideous, in other words I'm just plain looking or average. Idk cuz my family is always telling me stuff but they have to cuz they are family so they don't want me to feel worse about my appearance. This really pretty girl said she was ugly and I told her if you are ugly then I must be a disgusting creature and I should never leave my room. Well I guess it is beauty in the eye of the beholder cuz some ppl who I think that are attractive others don't find them to be good looking. But the only reason I think I'm not a hideous piece of crap because I have this wonderful boy who loves me from the inside out.

Best Answer

I feel like people just tell me I'm pretty just to be nice too. I wish people would just tell me the truth!

Best Answer

yes they are just being nice ugly pants

Best Answer

I am ugly, I know I'm ugly, its sucks but plastic surgery never ends well so i'll just have to continue being ugly. People also love telling me how ugly I am, throwing things at me from cars while I walk and such. It's been this way as long as I can remember. I dunno where these nasty ugly ******* are getting the idea they are pretty either? There are tons of them in my city and they dress like ******, wear too much make up, all sleep with each others boyfriends, and do **** behind each others backs. I think a lot of it might be their parents spoiling them and they grow up with the "I'm perfect I deserve everything" attitude. I know people who are very pretty but have no self esteem because their parents treated them like crap and never gave any encouragement even though they were good kids growing up. Someone who feels ugly and unwanted would certainly take it out on their appearance even if everyone else sees them as pretty.

Best Answer

People are ********. Keep your head up! Confidence is everything. Not arrogance, but confidence. People will respect you for that.

Best Answer

Well I say its more as if self esteem is the issue. Every girl had a different opinion of herself. An ugly girl might know she is ugly and really dont give a damn about it. She just act as who she is and be normal. This might appear as if she thinks she is pretty. Or pretty girls know that they are pretty but they might constantly worry that they will lose their looks. I wouldnt know since I am ugly (as many people told me so). I dont think i am pretty. I dont have confidence in myself at all really. I guess it depends on each person really. Hope I didnt offend anyone.

Best Answer