Well not a fan of Hugo Chavez, but the answer is quite easy. If you have ever been to Caracas (I have) you will see what it means to be poor. I am not talking about US poor, where you have an xbox, flat screen tv, cable, and are struting around in Nikes. I am talking about poor like living on a hill with 50,000 other people in a house made of street signs and billboards. Hugo made it is mission to help those people, and he has done that. I would argue that his help has been short sighted, by sacrificing long term investments to appease the immediate needs. But if I was one of those people living on the hill and he gave my family a box of food, or allowed us to have electricity for free I might have a different opinion.

Best Answer

Poor? In my opinion people are poor due to thoughts that they are poor. In regards to wealth people have thoughts that wealth is bad, or they are bad and don't deserve it. Sadly people don't know the difference between wealth and poverty, they are caught in their own trap. If you compare you with anyone, you are more than poor you are self imprisoned.

Best Answer

Venezuelans are in a difficult situation because historically the pro-western democratically elected governments have been just as brutal if not worse than Chavez' regime.

Best Answer

Because he has reduced poverty by double digits and has implemented things like literacy programs to help people elevate themselves out of poverty. But you won't hear that from the western corporate media. Does not fit with the top hat wearing, mustache twirling villain caricature of the official narrative.

Best Answer

Are you certain that it is the people?

Best Answer

do you really think they elected him? <br />
like jfk and obama were elected?

Best Answer

They are too intimidated to oppose him and vote for an opposition party.

Best Answer

The elections are a a sham and are rigged. Voting is just an illusion of having a choice.

Best Answer

Who said anyone legitimately votes for him?

Best Answer

they like eating cheap nasty food.

Best Answer