To me it makes them seem so needy and pathetic and makes me feel so awkward. I do like romantic gestures from time to time . But when I'm talking to a guy and he starts talking all kinds of romance, I am immediately turned off and over it - forever ! I know I'm not normal! Don't most ladies beg for guys like this ?
upsidedown0 upsidedown0 26-30, F 7 Answers Aug 23 in Dating & Relationships

Nope. I feel the same, all cringey. I'd rather a guy showed me how he feels if ya get what I mean

Best Answer

It depends what kind of relationships you have had in the past. If you are called names like *******, *****, babbling moron by your spouse most days then a little romance would be lovely. I used to like bad boys too but have spent too many years being criticized, being treated worse than a dog, and called every name in the book. Being around a burping drunk whos idea of romance is buuurp, hey *****, wanna suck my ****, I love you. So this is the opposite of these romantic guys.

Best Answer

I don't think that's the exact opposite. I think there is a balance between the two. Certainly not a guy who talks to you like that. But someone who is funny and has a real personality of his own. With his own thoughts and feelings and life ! Romantic gestures from time to time are okay but nonstop, it's like being smothered. How come clingy girls are criticized by guys for being smothering or being crazy. But clingy guys can't be classified as the same? I'm not Shakespeare and I don't want some romeo and Juliet fairy tale every day.

Best Answer

What sort of verbal things are you talking about?

Best Answer

No a turn off... but most are just full of ****!

Best Answer

Maybe that's it. Because most guys come out with that crap a week after talking & I always feel like it's so fake and desperate. Who talks like that to somebody they just met and barely know.

Best Answer

Yes, really...If I think your only saying thinks you think I want to hear; I stop listening.

Best Answer

because they're only good with words and lack actions.

Best Answer