darkice123 darkice123 36-40, M 9 Answers Jan 6, 2013 in Community

Referring to Wednesday as "hump day” is a fairly modern tradition in American English. The term represents the idea that a week can be visualized as a mound or hill that a person climbs, with Wednesday typically being the middle or peak of the week. There is some disagreement over which day of the week should be the "hump," since it varies depending on when a person works and how a week begins. There are other sources for negative associations with Wednesdays, and few holidays are regularly celebrated on this day.<br />
The Image of a Hump<br />
"Hump day" refers to the idea that a week, especially a work week, is like a hill. Monday and Tuesday are days when a person "climbs" up, since they are the beginning or start of a traditional work week. At the end of Wednesday, the worker has reached the pinnacle of the week, and work on Thursday and Friday represents climbing back down toward the weekend.<br />
This image refers specifically to that middle of the week, where a worker reaches the crest of the uphill journey and begins to pace downward toward the end of the week. Someone with a tedious job or who works especially hard can find it comforting to reach "hump day." At that point, the weekend does not seem so far off as when he or she started work on Monday.

Best Answer

It's the middle of the week. <br />
The idea is that Monday is the bottom of the hill. On Tuesday, you climb. On Wednesday, you reach the peak or "hump". Thursday, it's downhill toward Friday. Friday is all downhill....Then weekend!

Best Answer

it means i can smoke all the camels that i can in a 24 hour

Best Answer

I didn't know we did!

Best Answer

It's the bump between weekends I guess... not my fav day to be humping on with the alt. meaning lol

Best Answer

First time I hear that. I usually call it Wednesday.

Best Answer