Dragon3lf Dragon3lf 18-21, F 9 Answers Jan 8, 2013 in Self Improvement

We tend to be impatient and short sighted. And frankly, many of us have "temper tantrums" against ourselves. Some self destructive behaviors are quite enjoyable while they are happening- it's only afterward that our bodies pay the price. Some things are a short lived release. And some are just a way of wallowing in self pity and rebelling against anything hopeful or good.

Best Answer

We don't seem to want to see how much all these things deteriorate the quality of our lives though.

Best Answer

Eventually they catch up with us. Usually, it's too late then. And many people, instead of turning around, just do more of the destructive thing in an effort to escape. Drugs seem to work that way.

Best Answer

Many people use drugs in an effort to numb their emotions and escape from reality. Usually when the effect fades away they feel even worse because reality hits them harder after the temporary relief.

Best Answer

Great question. Let's do that.

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

life expensive, life stressful, life too much sometimes........aaargh.......life

Best Answer

What's so overwhelming?

Best Answer

I'm too tired of my faliures to be patient. Peple say I'm too hard on myself, but otherwise, how I'm getting anything done?

Best Answer

Do you really get anything done with more pressure?

Best Answer

I could chill out to the end of the universe if I hadn't any deadlines and commitments. No matter how I hate it, the only way is to drive myself hard.

Best Answer

The only way you know of. There are other less stressing ways that can also motivate you.

Best Answer

My motivation is here today and gone tomorrow. I've never found any way to make it stay.

Best Answer

Some of it is rebellion against all our parents wouldn't let us do as children...the rest is guilt for doing all the stuff our parents wouldn't let us do...

Best Answer

Lol...where do we come in this equation? Aren't we responsible for our own behavior?

Best Answer

Yes, after we leave home and become grown ups aka adults, we are responsible for our actions...however the more our parents hold us back, the wilder we are out there in the real world...this leads to all different kinds of behavior...and ofc guilt comes into play...cuz we can still hear those voices telling us we aren't suppose to have sex, or smoke pot, or drink booze...etc...

Best Answer
Best Answer

I see where your thinking is going...nice...I love a smart woman... analytical and searching...I bet you're fun to be around....

Best Answer

Thank you. I do think that weed and booze is bad for you though lol.

Best Answer

anything in excess is bad for us...too much love can smother us...too much water drowns us...I do like the occasional toke now and then, and a nice beer buzz is ok...but not every day, or so much that I can't think or walk straight...

Best Answer