Belier Belier 22-25, F 10 Answers Nov 11, 2012 in Loneliness

i would guess those of us who feel that way are scared to open up even here. I could confess what is bothering me but I am ashamed of it. After going thru what i have been for the past few months i am still shocked and i still have a long way to go. I don't know how to keep going but i have to.

Best Answer

I know you will find the strength. Don't give up!

Best Answer

thanks, i'm trying :)

Best Answer

Social networking such as this can be deceiving. Although you can "talk" to anyone, about anything, at anytime, the feeling of "companionship" can still be lacking. <br />
At the end of the day, most of us still long for that "personal touch". Knowing that the person we're talking too knows us, we know them, and that there's a mutual, loving, care & concern.

Best Answer

GREAT answer.......Well said and exactly right (IMHO)

Best Answer

I feel neither alone nor ignored.

Best Answer

This is the most original question I have ever heard on EP. If only I could rate it up more than once.

Best Answer

Who wants to talk to them? I want to talk to someone that's doing something. Just hearing sob stories can get old quickly.

Best Answer

But you will at least try to help them at first?

Best Answer

I'll listen to just about anyone and try to help people as best as I can. I just find it interesting when introverts seek out other introverts when it is better for a balance in a relationship with both extroverts and introverts alike.

Best Answer

Lonely people withdraw socially, which is why they are lonely in the first place. It is a downward spiral.<br />
For example, the vast majority of people at dating websites remain wall flowers who never participate or respond. This is true, even though they are presumably at a dating website to meet people.

Best Answer