PoppaBear53 PoppaBear53 56-60, M 8 Answers Nov 12, 2011

It would be difficult to start over from scratch with each new person we meet, so we label them or mentally sort them into a certain group so that we know how to act around them. It's something most people do automatically to simplify their social interactions. <br />
Usually it only becomes a problem when we label someone incorrectly in a negative manner, which is what most people associate stereotypes with. Labeling isn't always bad, though. It depends on the degree to which you do it.

Best Answer

from Shawn Robbins, author of the new best selling book WICCAPEDIA...<br />
We label people because we live in a class society. It is wrong. You never know what a person is really like until you get to know them. When I meet someone for the first time I make an effort to get to know them, and in doing so....<br />
I have met the most interesting people in life and have learned life lessons from them.<br />
Cheers, Shawn Robbins

Best Answer

thank you for telling me this and for you sharing from your own life lessons

Best Answer

You bought a lable maker?

Best Answer

funny... is that your try at humor?

Best Answer

You feel the need to label men as women... when they clearly have the anotomical equipment to produce sp-erm... who is getting caught up in labels ?????????

Best Answer

ok you win...just trying to make a point that there is a double standard to everything

Best Answer

I very much dislike labels and refer to people as they wish to be refered to. I don't have to agree with it like it or even dislike it, its thier choice not mine.

Best Answer

Because we're such a tribal/clanny bunch. It's a quick way of saying "he's one of us"/"he's one of them"

Best Answer

that is true just trying to show double standard in our life

Best Answer

it's something you need to be able to recognize when you find yourself doing it to others

Best Answer

its natural. When we meet a new person, we go back into the databa<x>se of people we have meet in our lives and find similarities and differences between them

Best Answer

I agree and dis agree..it is easier to label a person than it is to really get to know then..once we do then the labels should and do for me at least

Best Answer

yes, I mean labeling in the minimum we do, but we all do it to a degree. The better of us challenge what we already know... because we are often wrong!

Best Answer

If you don't think of someone as human then they put a label on that person which isn't all that good.

Best Answer

I am not talking about seeing them as piece of meat..but as people, empreect, stumbling, looking for acceptance and guidance...guess I just see a person and not a label

Best Answer

It is the rules of status and class. People want to class things that they do not understand. No true purpose, only for one self righteousness. It is a poor excuse not to know someone for who they are, what we think they are. This pains me so much that we want to be right all the time and not to say we can be wrong.

Best Answer