bufy1981 bufy1981 26-30, F 13 Answers Jan 10, 2009

my sons dont like to remember the day their dad died

they remember and celebrate his birthdate not his death date

people are morbid and the media feeds off this we remember timothy McVae because they repeatedly said it...for months and months there was something about the oklahoma bomber in the news...plus they televised his execution

Best Answer

We remember both for our daughter.

Best Answer

I actually remember birthdays not deaths, but in any case i believe in the quote "you don't know what you've got until it's gone" and i believe this is where that stands, you don't remember birthdays because the thing in question is around, when they die, you start wishing they were here and appreciate what's gone.

Best Answer

Every person has specific dates that creates a memory in some way. Whether it is a birthday, an anniversary or even the death of a loved one. It's human nature to "bond" with a calendar date.

Personally, I remember the birthday's of my loved ones who have passed away....Not the date of their death.

Best Answer

I remember both. It is a great impact to lose someone we love. That I would say is the reason. We will not feel there love anymore. We will remember it, Keep it in our hearts but it is gone. It is said that the pain we feel when some one leaves our life is equal to the amount of joy they brought while they were in our life. I believe that is true.

Best Answer

I do both with those I love... as for famous ppl... Yeah I don't get it either. As for the negative's... that's just sad. And for the record, I really had to think to remember his name but I do remember that I was in the court house that day for my divorce... now that's worth remembering!`

Best Answer

Correction - FAMOUS people are generally rembered for their death dates. Theres the old saying that the manner of Death reveals in which manner a person lived.

Humanity, as a species, is an amoral monster which takes delight in people's deaths and other morbid stuff.

It can also be argued that negetive events leave a greater impact on our minds. Everyone knows the name of the Oklahoma City Bomber, they don't remember the name of the kid who pulled somebody out of a fire and saved his life.

Best Answer

I agree with momouse24. Also, we humans tend to place more attention on things that are important to US as individuals. Being left by a loved one or being reminded of our own mortality are personal experiences.

Spiritually, both of these events are "birthdays'. Much Love to those on the other side. MS

Best Answer

Because a death is more of a blow to the conscious rather than a miracle of the day some one was born.

Best Answer

I remember both, but I think, in my case anyway, I remember the Day someone I loved Passed away because it changed my life forever.

Best Answer