That's just not true for me. Blood is thicker than water, I'd forgive my family before anyone else, including a partner. Even spouses can come and go, nowadays, but your family is forever.

Best Answer

I don't know. Personally, I give everyone second chances.

Best Answer

Because we have time invested in an intimate partner....

Best Answer

true but don't we invest time in our families, friends as well? what makes the romantic partner different?

Best Answer

A lot of people in the world are plain dumb and selfish. People who do that really put themselves and their partner first and their family 2nd or 3rd or whatever. What I mean is that they need to satisfy themselves first, which mean obtaining a partner that will give them what they feel that they want and need. It's usually what they feel that their family has failed to provide them with growing up. Ironically, they usually end up being the child that was sheltered from everything in the world ( favorite, youngest, least abused ). I think their desired detachment from their family is a defense mechanism. <br />
I think it's a cop out. I love my family no matter what kind of crap they do. I was abused by them since I could remember, which was like 3 years old. My dad decided devote his energy into another woman other than my mom the mother of his two children. That's fine. Whatever. I'm not God, so I guess I can't judge him. My Mom went through hell in a hand basket to raise us even though she was a violent spaz. <br />
Well, we decided to make it up to her, but now she doesn't care anymore. She's going to milk us and herself by blowing money at the casino. It's irritating, but whatever. I feel that in the end I wronged her after their divorce by turning into a juvenile delinquent. I feel I owe her ten-fold to that. My sis on the other hand, doesn't seem to think she needs to do so. Her life was way easier than mine because she was mostly sheltered. To her, my Mom and I are like 2nd or 3rd priority. She is pretty much ashamed of us. We're pretty much a burden to her.

Best Answer

Because the sex was AMAZING.

Best Answer

Were you abused by a romantic partner? Did you abuse a romantic partner? In many cases, I believe the parents help pick up the pieces in the aftermath.<br />
I am conducting research to explore the help provided by parents when faced with their adult child's experience with domestic violence.<br />
If you are interested, please encourage your parents to take a 20 minute survey at http://www.takesurveynow.2truth.com/

Best Answer