tannedhorse tannedhorse 22-25, F 12 Answers May 4, 2012

I had a good day today, ate a good sandwich and watched a good film on my good tv. My good wife was good to me in bed and the se.x was good too. All in all I had a good day. Hope tomorrow is just as good.<br />
See why we need synonyms... (and antonyms)

Best Answer

Use it with students a lot, if anyone wants they can finish the exercise by substituting appropriate vocabulary (or phrases) for the overused adjective in question :)

Best Answer

Because they almost never have "the same meaning". They have very subtly different meanings. That's why thesauruses exist -- it's not to help you find a word that sounds better, it's to help you find precisely the RIGHT word that means almost the same as the one you're thinking of.

Best Answer

I don't know, maybe thats why women seem to have fifteen kinds of happy , twenty different mad and infinite ways to be sad. I'm mad, sad or glad. And some of us are just gabby.

Best Answer

Synonyms are useful. Homonymns suck.

Best Answer

We're an expressive race. More words add emphasis.

Best Answer

It makes writing poetry much easier.

Best Answer

They're not the same meaning though...like "sprinkle" and "downpour" both mean "rain", but are very different.

Best Answer

Because we like them.

Best Answer

We need symtoms to help us be sick.

Best Answer