Violet1026 Violet1026 22-25, F 20 Answers Mar 2, 2012

It was never meant to show people that killing is wrong, nor for revenge. (In my opinion) I believe that there are certain acts and crimes that, even if they could be rehabilitated, would still be a danger to those around them for various reasons. You remove a tumor because it threatened the healthy cells around it. Not to "teach it a lesson" or to "get revenge" on it.

Best Answer

The best example for the reason behind justice I have ever heard. Not revenge and not to teach but to protect. I trully love this answer.

Best Answer

Yes, But is it the best example to set for others? Perhaps if we just cut them off from life and all other human interactions, maybe they will go insane and self destruct.

Best Answer

Perhaps in this case also to show any wanabe "tumors" what will happen to them if they try as well. Great analogy also well said.

Best Answer

Would that be any better or any more compassionate? Are you setting a better example by "cutting them off" and letting them "self destruct?"

Best Answer

Yes, but in the case that we let them rot in an empty desolate place, it would be more barbaric and prove as much better and more effective way to rid of the problem.

Best Answer

Well but this way, We are not being hypocrites.

Best Answer

So you feel that being hypocritical outweighs allowing the danger to continue? Or that it wouldn't be hypocritical to "cut them off" and let them "self destruct." You are still implementing those mechanisms, and so responsibility still falls upon you for whatever the outcome may be.

Best Answer

Hmm..Point well made, friend. Thanks for answering. :)

Best Answer

Because they're Violet......I mean violent :}

Best Answer

Did you purposely use my name? Tehehe

Best Answer

No , I'm just cyco !

Best Answer

alrighty then

Best Answer

Because, unfortunately, there are certain people who don't deserve to live. THere are those, that no matter what is done to rehabilitate them, there is no way they can make up for the wrong they have done. Like child molesters, they have damaged something, so beyond repair, what kind of justice can you ask for except to rid a piece of filth like that off the earth? And why on earth keep paying to house those who have taken the lives of others? Why give them life, a place to live and food, at the expense of people who have done the right thing? That money should go to the person or family of who was victimized. There is a huge difference between the death penalty and murderers. Death penalty has a reason behind it, murder does too, but in most cases, never justified.

Best Answer

Thanks for the answer. I think it's important for people to form their own opinion on matter like this.

Best Answer

It's very hypocritical, isn't it?

Best Answer

It appears so...

Best Answer

You kill to protect society from killers. If life without parole can protect society from them, than it should always be enforced.

Best Answer

instinct

Best Answer

It prevents that known killer from repeating is about all. It does tend to be a deterrent also.

Best Answer

we kill as a ob<x>ject lesson but we dont murder therefore dont commit murder and we wont kill you

Best Answer

It seems to reflect a viewpoint that the crime isn't in the act, it's in who you are. killing is ok as long as you aren't a private citizen. to be fatuous, i could argue that you aren't being punished for murder, you're being punished for being among the disenfranchised.

Best Answer

like ******* for virginity

Best Answer

Put that way it doesn't mae much sense does it?<br />
Eye for an eye darling.

Best Answer

Tehehe, I'm just trying to make people think. I don't actually seek an others answer, as I have formed my own opinion.

Best Answer

Awesome. :D

Best Answer

Because we don't live in a perfect world. Because the world knows more about hate than true love. because the people who make this desision saw that what we had befor was not salving the issue. because we all want to feel safe when we go to sleep at night. because those in power are use to wiping out anything that gets in the way, thats how they got in power. because the words of Jesus are often recited but seldom lived. pick one lol

Best Answer

Yes, I have selected an answer. Even before I posted this. I just enjoy making others think. ;)

Best Answer

ok what was your answer we told you ours.

Best Answer

I have already told you. Read the comments. I'm afraid that i'm much to lazy to type it again. :)

Best Answer

Not all countries use "killing" to kill people who have murdered. It's part of the legal system. People feel that this law is just in this society.

Best Answer

an eye for an eye...maybe<br />
to save the taxpaper $$$...maybe<br />
it's not cruel..to be locked away for many years would be too cruel...maybe<br />
the atrocity of their crimes is so great they lose the right for life....maybe..<br />
who knows the ways of mankind...we are a complex bunch.

Best Answer

I don't look at it that way . We kill people, Who Have Killed People,<br />
To STOP THEM from Killing More People.

Best Answer

But is this the best example to set?

Best Answer

Have you ever Had someone you Loved MURDERED
If not I don't think you, or I, are Qualified
to even have an Opnion on this
Best Wishes.

Best Answer

Yes, I have. Im just trying to get people to contemplate this a form their own opinion.

Best Answer

Even those of use who have had a loved one murdered are not quite sure. I no it dose not make the pain stop when the person who robed you of a loved one is put to death. I have no peace and nothing will bring them back, but at least I know he will never do this to another pearson. still IDK if it was for the best or not.??

Best Answer

Personally I don't beleive in Revenge, But if I had to make that decision I would err on the side of Caution. I couldn't risk
the person getting out and takeing another innocient Victom

Best Answer

Well for the man who murdered my mother, I would love to see terrible things done to him. But not death

Best Answer

What if 10 years from now he gets Parolled?
Would you be will to be Responsible?

Best Answer

It's not for deterrence, but for revenge, in my opinion.

Best Answer