zebra2305 zebra2305 22-25 11 Answers Feb 9, 2012

Because the world is one big hypocrisy parade.

Best Answer

We are not supposed to judge who deserves to live and who deserves to die. Death is far too personal and permanent a thing to be considered a punishment. Punishments can be revoked, amended, or learned from. We do ourselves a moral disservice by continuing this barbaric practice. Studied show that death is not a significant deterrent and crime is not lessened because of it. It is also cheaper, and more miserable for the inmate, to lock them up for life away from society. We cannot evolve as a society to our full potential until we disregard the engrained habits of the past and look ob<x>jectively towards a logical future.<br />
kitsnicket also said it perfectly "Because the world is one big hypocrisy parade"

Best Answer

Easy to say until your are subjected to it directly.

Best Answer

what do you mean "subjected"....I don't think my opinion will change if I am put to death. If you mean, will i feel differently if someone I love is killed.....no. I would want them to suffer in a cage for the rest of their lives. Why should they get the release of a quick and painless death?

Best Answer

the idea is to get rid of them and at the same time discourage others.

Best Answer

I don't know but once everyone is dead ,it won't matter anymore!!!

Best Answer

because people seem to feel that society should do as people say according to law and not as they do so therefore it is alright for the law to throw their weight around anjd show people who's boss and who is not and smirk about it especially if they never liked a person to begin with that is the utmost reason to kill them because they killed someone else not for that but for personal reasons whicch are about that person they are puting to death that is how i see it

Best Answer

Because once upon a time we wrote laws, Very clearly stating if you do this...that will happen.

Best Answer

It's a necessary evil, you can't let them be free because they will keep going, you can't stock them all in prison for life, and most people still value their lives. <br />
Since most people still value their lives, then the threat of death still matters. <br />
It has every reason to do with "WHY" someone is killed, not just that they are killed.

Best Answer

it is cheaper to keep them in prison, death does not justify death, studies prove that violent people are not deterred by the death penalty, and even one wrongly convicted person put to death is too many and there have been many many.

Best Answer

Fact is, no one wins in this. Let them live, kill them. set them loose , no win. If you want to keep paying for them to spend their lives in prison then go for it. The best deterrent would be torcher but we can't use that can we?
If someone kills a person in my family they won't make it to prison, I guarantee that.
I don;t know where you get cheaper at, it costs maybe $100 for the chemicals to inject or maybe $10 for the amps the electric chair pulls. It costs perhaps 8 hours of staff time totaling around $500ish dollars. To keep a person in prison for life that should die costs more around $200,000+/-.
Now my paycheck represents hours of my life I trade for other goods. I'll be damned if I am going to trade my life hours to someone who deserves death.
Also, if we kept Osama Bin Laden or Saddam Hussein alive then there would be no end to the attempts to break him out. the cost of protection for a life time for a person like that pushes well over $5,000,000.00. Again, you trade your life hours for it, not mine.

Best Answer

First, there is a wide variety of costs associated with capital cases. These include costs for prosecuting and defense attorneys, interpreters, expert witnesses, court reporters, psychiatrists, secretaries, and jury consultants.
Another problem is the length and complexity of the process. Cases tend to last several years and can pass through three possible phases.The principal reason why the death penalty is so expensive can be summed up in one phrase: ‘death is different…' Every stage of a capital case is more time-consuming and expensive than in a typical criminal case. Jury selection takes much longer; more mental health and forensic experts will be needed; two trials will be required - one for guilt and one for sentencing; and the appeals will be far more complex, focusing on both the conviction and the death sentence.The death penalty is the most expensive part of the system on a per-offender basis. Millions are spent to achieve a single death sentence that, even if imposed, is unlikely to be carried out. Thus money that the police desperately need for more effective law enforcement may be wasted on the death penalty. Cases receiving a death notice are approximately $517,000 more costly during the trial phase, $147,000 more costly during the penalty phase, and $201,000 more costly during the appellate phase than a capital eligible case where no death notice was filed…. On average, a death notice adds about $1,000,000 in costs over the duration of a case.”

Best Answer

and it is not like you are the only one paying for it....the amount of YOUR taxes that goes into keeping prisoners in prison is pennies and if you are so concerned with your tax dollars there are about a million and one more effective and less necessary areas that need a budget cut....like corporate welfare, which is 92 billion in tax dollars a year.

Best Answer

Well I stick to what I say based on what you don't see on TV or in the paper. 9 out of 10 death penalties carried out you never hear about, they are very cheap.
I have been subjected to watching someone I know get killed right in front of me, had I not been 9 years old, I would have taken what that person took from my friend.
What's the difference? Was it revenge? He killed this person for drugs and money, I would have killed him to prevent him from killing anyone else, it would have ended there. Since I was 9, he got away and 4 other people died that night because the cops could not find that person until later. Me killing him would have saved 4 lives, I wish I could have.
Until you are subjected to the situation you really have no idea what it means.
If we keep canning up all these people, eventually some are going to get out and more lives will be lost that could have been prevented.
Remember this, it only takes one person to destroy many, Hitler was just one man who was disgruntled by the Jews. Had he been killed after killing his first victim than tens of thousands of lives would have been spared, don't you think that would have been just to kill him in the beginning?
It only takes one person, that's why, eventually one will get out.

Best Answer

I am not sure, but I can say I am not the one to judge when someone should die. Thing is I think though imagin how the family memebers lost someone they loved, I would want justice on the killer. Really want know unless your in that predictament

Best Answer