Adriaans Adriaans 41-45, M 11 Answers Jan 11, 2012

because the bad things taste the best

Best Answer

Agree!!

Best Answer

Makes me wonder - is that how we were are naturally - to want the bad things - a psychologist would probably be able to explain that bit and why its so easy to do bad and so hard to do good.

Best Answer

alot of people eat excessively for emotional reasons

Best Answer

I do agree with you that food can be an addiction like any other drug.

Best Answer

Fancy packaging. Focus groups. Group thinking. Western Civilization. Culture. Low income. High income. Ultimately, I think it's just well-branded crap that we've been conditioned to gravitate towards. I've spent my adult life packaging things people don't need. The irony? I still buy things ba<x>sed on how they look. It's crazy-making.<br />
Haven't packaged fast-food (thank god) but I know their target audience is low-income minorities. It's a sick industry. If you want to get a feel for how much manipulation goes on, consciously listen to the music that is being played while you shop or eat. If it's fast and upbeat, consumers are far more likely to feel the urgency to shop at a faster pace and leaving with an bag of stuff they don't need or want. The biggest slap of it all? Most people feel as if they accomplished a task so quickly while feeling grateful (since they were listening to songs that reminded them of good times).<br />
Seriously, I couldn't make this up if I tried.<br />
Every possible sensory gets taken into account when it comes to large-scale corporations. It's not your imagination. Almost every commercial you see on TV is creating an illusion for a precise demographic. <br />
The "why" isn't a mystery. It's only a matter of studying human behavior and predicting trends ba<x>sed on history while demolishing the competition. Again, it's a sick industry. The upside? Ultimately you choose whether to believe that "the Whopper" is actually a decent pound of beef or if it even remotely resembles the pictures that have been painted of it. <br />
So before you eat "bad foods", look at the source, decide from there what you should eat. We're all guinea pigs on one level/product or another. Anyone who says differently needs to pull their head out of the sand.

Best Answer

You answer is pretty thorough and as far as human behaviour goes I would think that our responses are very predictable in many respects. There does seem to be an emotional and chemical part to this - chemical in terms of companies adding elements which makes food more tasty/addictive - why these bad things are so attractive on a biologival level is probably a whole other matter.

Best Answer

Everything that's bad for you tastes or feels so good, unhealthy food, alcohol, cigs. It's unfair :-(

Best Answer

Why?<br />
That is to sort the ones who care about their body from the ones who don't care about themselves.<br />
It may taste good but I don't find a fat body very tasty. I mean a fat body that doesn't have to be fat.<br />
I know there are naturally big people that are big even when eating good things.<br />
But don't cry out if you make yourselves fat by being a pig, you wont get any sympathy from me from buying junk.

Best Answer

If you grew up with Micky Dee and Burger King along with every other food packed with everything to make it as intense to your taste buds as possible, you probably have been conditioned to only like those kinds of foods and think vegies and stuff is bland. The big corporations that sell that stuff planned it that way and keep making the **** so more kids grow up eating the same **** so the money will keep rolling in. . We are such a bunch of cash cows for the corporations. And if that aint bad enough they know right where to put their Mcdonalds, right in the poorest neighborhoods where people have the least choice of where they can get good food for their kids. I haven eaten in a fast food place for many years and would love to see every one go out of business. They take no responsibility. To them it's just doing business, right? . .

Best Answer

if it was good for us it would taste bad

Best Answer

I love bad foods.. 90% of the food I eat is unhealthy.. but yet I'm 105lbs (i don't think I'm fat)... I ain't ill... and I ain't really afraid of death...

Best Answer

Eating excess fats, salt, preservatives and the whole bad bunch might not be noticeable in the short run, but I believe we are all biological machines, you dont take care of it, it breaks down eventually. Not being fat is no guarantee of being healthy (think of people with eating disorders). For many years I shared your sentiments, but as you grow older you realise you are not going to live for ever, and its not just dying, but the quality of life you have up to that point. Hypertension, Diabetes, Obesity, Strokes, Heart failure - those are the nasties that can badly disrupt your quality of life. As far as death, I agree, it is nothing to be afraid of.

Best Answer

that reminds me... I have oreos :]

Best Answer