insearchofmylove insearchofmylove 31-35, M 6 Answers Oct 28, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

I know! It's pretty strange isn't it? I suppose that is because of the fact that we see them dressed in beautiful, chic clothing with a gorgeous "other" by their side smiling and posing for cameras some of the time...makes it look appealing. We forget the rest of the time when they are eluding stalkers, paparazzi, and star-hungry fans who believe that they have no rights to an authentic life with all it's zits, bad-hair days, and issues with mental health. Well, either we forget or we relish--out of mean spiritedness-- their missteps and downfalls

Best Answer

Name and face recognition, among the entire population, makes actors celebrities. Their job necessarily keeps them in the limelight. (By contrast, my job keeps me isolated at a computer.) How an actor's personal life is depicted to the public has little correlation to what they are really like as individuals. All of it makes them seem bigger than life.

Best Answer

Beyond admiration i dont go much for the cult of celebrity. However, unless you have been part of the acting process or an actor yourself i must say its a hell of a lot more than just pointing and learning to walk and talk at the same time. Certainly as far as stage actors and some of the great exponents are concerned.

Best Answer

I agree. Very few 'celebrities' that come out of Hollywood are much to look up to or idolize. To me, a celebrity is a scientist, Nobel prize winner, peace corps over achiever, Physician without borders, etc.

Best Answer

cos they have lost the plot

Best Answer