Whether its a situation at work or a relationship or something else. Do you have any examples from your own life? Were you ever in that position from either side?
SunnySmile SunnySmile 31-35, F 15 Answers Nov 17, 2010

i think its the same reason why do we want something we cant have but once we end up with it we dont want it anymore. I wish i knew!

Best Answer

yeah, know the feeling and don't get it either...

Best Answer

I still want what is right infront of me, if I didn't want it why would I have it?<br />
And if I truly thought I could not have the things that I want I would have no motivation to want them.

Best Answer

I agree to some point. Unfortunately most people are not like that.

Best Answer

Do you work in a fruit shop.

Best Answer

I don't work for a fruit shop. Why are you asking?<br />And you didn't answer my question.

Best Answer

ONly a women can ask that question,Man may be simple in many ways,but at least we know what we want and why.<br />
Greetings Hierman

Best Answer

Hmm, in what part of the question did I make you think I'm talking about myself?<br />I'm a woman who thinks like a man most of the time and I know what I want, why I want it and how to get it :)<br />I'm just curious cause I see this kind of thing quite often. And you didn't answer my question.

Best Answer

Moving fast all the time you can zoom past what's sitting in front of your face, waiting to be noticed and enjoyed.

Best Answer

yeah, very true statement, especially when you're moving fast after something/someone that is unreachable for you but you don't want to admit it to yourself...

Best Answer

It is called restraint. If you don't have it. You might as well eat all the candy in the cupboard. I agree with Zuul. Ghostbusters!

Best Answer

hmm, i see your point

Best Answer

I don;t know why but I think it has to do with being rejected. We idealize some ideal in the form of a pereson- a person who is better than us in our minds, therefore someone we want to be but never could be. I think its because we are not content and want what we dont have because we think "God, there must be something better cause this sucks and isnt working for me anymore".

Best Answer

What we really want is to be one with everything, because then we can never be separated from it. The reason we "want what we can't have" is because we believe in the illusion that we are not one with everything, when in fact we are.

Best Answer

yeah. the problem is to realize that we are complete with whatever we have now and that thing we want but can't have won't necessarily bring joy and completeness in our lives.

Best Answer

everyone likes a cvhallenge and a sure thing isnt as exciting becuz you know you can obtain it already

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

This reminds me of a book I really enjoyed ... it is called How to Want What You Have and Get What You Want ... I think the author was John Grey.

Best Answer

Interesting, but you didn't answer my question :)

Best Answer

Well ..."what we can't have" is just a limitation in our own minds. Get rid of that limitation and you can have literally anything you want ...literally. As for those things that are right in front of us ...well ...if we don't want them, that means they're not really in line with what makes us happy ...we should send those things on their way with well wishes to them and insist on getting what we want! :-)

Best Answer