Rootofquestionisquest Rootofquestionisquest 22-25, F 11 Answers Mar 24, 2012

Once you reach a certain age, generally 14ish, kids stop caring about the world outside what they encounter. They seem to forget that the rest of the world exists. It's because they are focused on their lives, rather than the rest of the world's. Many children also don't care to know what's going on, and it's considered rude and silly to question a lot of things. Questioning a teacher is a quick way to be slapped with "bad attitude" come report card time. <br />
Some people gain the curiousity back when they enter college, but more just close themselves off and stop questioning things altogether. It's easier for people to care about things that impact them, "the rest of the world" to a child is almost an abstract statement. They're learning their place in the world and upon realizing how wide it is, many ignore it to make their lives easier. Questioning authority has a long, volatile history, kids quickly learn that curiousity is not welcomed in the world for the most part.<br />
I dunno how we'd get it back, as it seems to me that the most happy are the people who question the least. Simply put complacency destroys curiousity.

Best Answer

Speak for yourself. I find it exciting to think about all the things I don't know yet. There's so much to learn. :)

Best Answer

I do, although I prefer to speak knowing I've got people to back me up.

Best Answer

We are speaking from our own personal perspectives here.

Best Answer

Yes, but there are human globally shared human experiences that transcend all geographical locations, races, religions, sexes, and beliefs. For some reason we either forget this, or deny it. So much for all men created equal....

Best Answer

These include, breathing, dreaming, blinking, hurting, fear...

Best Answer

Thank you so much for your explanation. I will stop being curious and questioning things, for I am old and therefore must be behaving in an inappropriate manner.

Best Answer

? I only meant to point out how many of us, as a collective group of humans, stop questioning as we get older. If I spoke for myself, I would say exactly what you would. But do tell me you know people who are older and lose either the desire or ability to do these things

Best Answer

Also, please don't think that because I disagree or challenge your thoughts, that I dislike or resent you in any way. I only want to push and be pushed back....mentally...those who want it physically can continue going to heavy metal concerts with mosh pits....(which can be quite an experience if you ever get the chance....or I mean....MAKE the chance...)

Best Answer

We always think we are offending when we just try to shake the world from under your feet a little bit. And when we say I OH YA AND YOU. i o u. We stop speaking for we. We should speak with we more.

Best Answer

Yea i asked this question. I realized many dont even realize they stopped questioning. This happens because as we get older you think you are more free from obedience but really you are just becoming more and more obedient to higher powers as you get older. so you stop questioning. You try to find out a way to keep slaves going without knowing they are slaves and without questioning the world around them. how would you do it.

Best Answer

Maybe people who gets old are too focused on their work/jobs...to preoccupied in everyday routine. But i guess that statement is relative. What you see is the typical old. But there are some who grows each day, intellectually..still wanting to learn more about life... Like children. To get it back? Well i think its innate but maybe you have to give some time for it... Learning things have never been gone. Even in the most routinary work..curiousity can always come in if you put your mind, desire and passion toit. It will come out naturally. Good luck, live life. Dont get stuck cause been there..its not a very good place. I try to learn and experience now..as much as i can..hope it turns out well for you..

Best Answer

Thank you.

Best Answer

we hope it turns out well for everyone.

Best Answer

i took an "improv" class with friends because i felt i reached a creative road block lol definitely spured my curiousity :D

Best Answer