Petstorepete Petstorepete 18-21, M 37 Answers Apr 12, 2011

I'm so very glad that you took a thorough scientific approach to reach such a deep conclusion... My own conclusion is -besides you needing to change scientific magazine subscriptions- that you'd better start opening your eyes and REALLY start to look at women...

Best Answer

Women are like fine wine, they grow better with age.

I think women really start to come into their own at age 30, their true beauty begins to reveal itself much the way an already beautiful flower opens to the sun in an elegant bloom

Best Answer

studies would agree with you - apparently most men find women are most attractive at age 31...it blew me away when i saw it!

Best Answer

i disagree, i think women age better. plus dudes die faster than ladies, so they must age quicker.

Best Answer

I don't accept the premise, if only because men and women are usually held to a different standard to begin with. Men are considered "youthful and vital" as long as they are relatively slim, with a full head of hair and a somewhat unlined face .For women, that's not really enough; while those same qualities may make a woman look "good for her age", as long as she looks like an adult and not a teenager no one's that impressed.

Best Answer

Ha Ha it is all genetics ---some men and women do not age--a lot depends on the thickness of the skin --the thicker the skin and how you take care of it is a great deal to do with physical age. However, the beauty within is the real test of desire and worth.

Best Answer

I think it depends on smoking habits also.

Best Answer

Really? I must live in an alternative universe. I know a lot of forty+ men and women and the men tend to look like pieces of undercooked fatback, while the women tend to look healthy.

Best Answer

I believe it is all based on genetics I am 26 and still get id everywhere I go. My mother is in her late 40's and still looks like in her 20's and my Grandmother is 69 and looks like she is in her 30's she is also dating a 30 year old. I guess that is why men look at the mothers of their potential mates before taking the plunge lol.

Best Answer

I disagree! It depends on how well you take care of your self. That includes diet and nutrition( very important) use of sunscreens, how well one deals with stress, and overall attitude, people who are young at heart(both men and women) seem to age more slowly than those who are "uptight", and think of themselves as "mature" or "too old"!

Best Answer

Yes actually, men actually age more slowly because their epidermal layer is 7x thicker than women's. Women do indeed have thinner skins compared to men.

Best Answer

depends on a lot of things, but mainly, it's biology.

It's not that women age faster, but for women, attractiveness is very much tied to their fertility.

Therefore a woman looks attractive as long as she looks relatively young, of a child-bearing age.

Which means women can still look stunning in their 50s and 60s, as long as they don't look older than 35..or make it 40, tops. Some women start menopause as early as 40, though, so women are no longer "useful" for reproduction after that age.

I remember reading that some study concluded that the ideal feminine face should look 24 or 25, because that is a good age for making babies.

For men, it's different, because they can still have kids well into their 60s and 70s, so stuff like wrinkles or even baldness don't always make a man unattractive. Look at guys like Bruce Willis or Sean Connery, who look great well after their 50th birthday.

Though, for men, the main criteria of attractiveness is still money and power, it obviously helps if they work out and keep fit well into a ripe old age.

Best Answer

NOt that I really want to add to this topic with all the delightful answers y not? Genetics, Complection, environment. Good genetics, darker complection, clean air = good aging. Bad genetics, pale, and Los Angeles = Bad skin simple math

Best Answer

AHAHAHAHAH!

You have a lot to learn my friend.

Best Answer

I hate to say, but I am 30 and I do NOT look old. I am very young looking still. It all depends on your genes and the person, it's not all women.

Best Answer

You are nearly two years older since you said that. Are you ancient yet? :)

Best Answer

So many girls are inhibited and do not have a sense of Humor. This is the main cause of their fast aging. Not 100 per cent of them for good luck. These are the cool girls. These few ones stay young and good looking. But the overwhelming majority of women are not Like that. And that IS the reason why they look old. They worry and concern about everything.

Best Answer

Their bodies break down faster because of estrogen and less testosterone. Think about how they undergo sexual cycles or periods and then completly stop or menopause. Think about how they are biologically designed to become pregnant and give birth regardless of whether they choose to.

Feminists and adovocates will write articles and make Dateline episodes about this misconception. They did something like it with "the cougar" and how there were more.. which started around 15 years ago. You probably noticed the topic has faded. Its because they can't disuade an argument with truth. 40 year old men prefer 25 year olds in appearance but her age has less to do with it then that statisically you see so many more thin 25 yr old women then 35 yr olds. Women unlike men cannot get away with unhealthy habits after the age of 30. The same things they did in college like binge drinking or eating chicken wings all the time will harm them way more then men. And as a bonus, men produce more testosterone in their 30s then 20s which increases muscle mass and reduces body fat. That is also why you can lift more weight in the gym.

The next time someone says the man/woman aging is a myth and shows Demi Moore next to Ashton Kutcher remember you can't brainwash instincts also called genes. Men should be above this but women should also grow up, stop drinking liquor and clubbing Friday nights but how many times have you seen a woman out of her element with younger friends but no one says anything. Meanwhile, monday comes and so do her pounds and wrinkles from never sleeping enough and then she puts on enough makeup to fill Macys as over compensation. Years later she goes on a tirade about how men her age overlook her for a younger woman. The hypocrisy of it all......

Women around my age (35) give the me the stare and 90% of them I wouldn't give the time of day to. Its higher when I visit Manhattan but still pretty bad. Maybe 30 yr olds and even more 40 yrs olds will exercise and stop listening to "being their own person at work and for entertainment." Suddenly men will come to respect their tirade. Thats also when the Mets will win the world series.

Best Answer

This is generalizing. I've always looked around 10 to 15 years younger than I am. Both the men and women in both my parents' families look much younger than they are and they often marry younger people because younger people want to date them (it's usually younger men who want to date me as well). There are a few rare exceptions in my family and that is people who totally didn't take care of themselves at all, such as staying for years out in the sun without protection. Most of us have pale skin but we still age very slowly. Aging slowly has also often been a big problem for me, as I've often had people younger than me try to patronize me, and I was still being kicked out of bars for having "invalid ID" when I was 30.

I've also found that many men age faster than women. They often also start to focus on their ages more even from their late 20s or 30s and then often change their lifestyles to suit their "aging" states which just causes them to age faster. Many of them also take less care of themselves, allowing themselves to put on weight or get out of shape, while women generally try to keep up more with healthy practices. I look younger than most men my age or those up to around a decade younger than me.

It seems the factors in keeping anyone young in appearance are genetics as well as healthy eating, regular exercise and keeping social, along with not smoking and keeping alcohol to the minimum if that. I also believe strongly that attitude has a great deal to do with it. This applies to both men and women.

It is interesting what someone said about society considering that women look good if they look childbearing age. When I lived recently in some male dominated developing cultures, there was much harassment and also men constantly trying to learn my age, and I know most of them just thought of women not as people but as either for using for "fun" or for producing their children, which would explain the question (women were only like something to purchase in a market, so they wanted to know how many years we had left in us). An attractive woman of 40 in one of these countries told me she was depressed since could no longer find a man to marry her since she could no longer have children. I've seen much less of this conservative attitude back in the West, but it is easy to see where it came from.

Best Answer

They dont age quicker, they just dont age as well. Its easier for men to pick up younger women as they generally get more attractive to the opposite sex from 30 - 50 and most woman cant hold it together after their mid 30s. Why? Its because they should be in the kitchen more and talk less. If you believe any differently you're only fooling yourselves.

Best Answer

PIG.

Best Answer

I think it is family genes. I'm from South America and I'm 45 years old and my wife is from US and she is 39.she doesn't drink or smoke or do drugs, but still she looks way older then me and it is creating lots of problems with the marriage because the insecurety she feels now.I think her aging is due to how fair her skin is, her lack of physical activity and how bad she eats.

Best Answer

Why would you think of this? Woman usually live a few years longer, so it seems the opposite. I expect women just pay more attention to their appearance.

Best Answer