Maybe because society and the media pound it into our heads from birth that our worth as human beings depends completely upon our physical appearance, and that if we don't look like an anorexic model or a Playboy centerfold, we will be abused and ridiculed.

Best Answer

yes, the society and media that are all run by males. yes i know women work for the media and women are in society but we don't get to set the rules. the men do. and lookie what they want! this really isn't us females pushing this rubbish but you are so correct about what it is.

Best Answer

BUt some of us are taught that to be beutiful is to be covered in makeup and be a size 0. some can push past it but others cant stop the feeling of not being good enough in the eyes of others. i hate that this happens

Best Answer

I dont think I look horrible, I could be in better shape but I am working on it. All in all I don't think I am half bad looking. I think some women think that because they feel like they should look a certain way but they don't realize that if we all looked the same it would be boring. Then there are some women that say they think that just to have people tell them it isn't true. Both are self esteem issues. Some people need to be told constantly that people think they are attractive even though secretly they think they are the best looking person they know. I have had friends that constantly telleople they think Thay are ugly and they call less attractive people gorgeous so that people will tell them they look better then when you talk to them later they will tell you that they know they look better than the other people they just wanted to hear what other peopl though. People who really do think they look horrible usually have some narrow minded idea of what beauty is. Like only models are pretty so because they don't see one that looks the way they do they think they are ugly. Anyone can look good if they put some effort into it. But I have seen very good looking people start to look ugly when you get to know them andi have seen less attractive people look better when you get to know them.

Best Answer

because somebody in their life has put them down enough...maybe men...maybe a mother..or maybe mean girlfriends...somewhere a long the line they have been given the message they are not good enough in some way and their are a lot of us out there who will never feel good enough despite anything due to these early influences.

Best Answer

We're been conditioned by our mothers: "You're not going to wear that, are you?"

Best Answer

We're more pressured to look beautiful. Men only have to shave before passing a certain green zone, with us women, more attention to detail is required.

Best Answer

Now it appears that guys are into the GRUNGE look - looking like they haven't shaved in 4 or 5 days and as though they've been sleeping in a dumpster. Do women REALLY find that attractive??

Best Answer

loooooooooool personally, I like when a guy has hair on his face, but not until his great features are all hidden.

Best Answer

The same reason we choose to wax. We're masochists.

Best Answer

Because there has been a lot of hurt and influence on them in the past, that they have to look better and better to be accepted. <br />
See, society has this picture of beauty- perfect skin, perfect eyes, perfect nose- that's unobtainable. So they set unrealistic standards for themselves.<br />
One "You're pretty" isn't going to change that. It's you v.s. society, so you're pretty outnumbered. Doesn't mean you can't get through to some girls though, so keep trying!

Best Answer

Cause they're trained to do so from childhood.
I know some dudes have complexes about not being theses super buff, super cool guys, (there is marketing training there too), but guys have some role models which aren't super buff, or super "cool", but are still held up as being validly awesome (yet normal). Women don't have those in mainstream media (you see a few gems in books, but in general, the value of women everywhere else in the media is ). And then they photoshop all the advertisements that some women have based self worth on. It's pretty darn upsetting.

Best Answer