i have had many girlfriends over the years that will say they find it hard to get along or make friends with other women. i have never heard a guy say that about other guys. only women. what is it about females that makes them have problems with each other. people are people though right ?
cringe cringe 36-40, M 26 Answers Apr 17, 2010

Well, in my experience, it seems to be for several reasons. I have noticed that women tend to compete with one another. Men do that too, but it is more of a good natured competition...about strength or possessions or income. With women, it seems to be about her attractiveness or her self worth. It is more tied in to her emotions and peace of mind. If another women is younger or prettier or a better cook or better mother or just seems to more "together", a woman may start comparing herself and feel she falls short. I think women just have a tendency to base our self worth on what others think of us and how we compare to others. That is a reason why married women can be vicious with single women. They worry about temptation around their husbands. Single women can find themselves competing with each other for single males. It's sad because women could help build one another up.

Best Answer

It's such a highschool thing. Girls are just ******* and competitive and territorial. They're like wild animals.

Best Answer

well if they are better looking that would be a problem or if they are with someone we like or if they flirt with our bf/partner/husband then you get the ones that are bitchy and annoying as hell then you get the back stabbers, gossipers the list goes on. there are many reasons why girls have trouble making friends with other girls mainly its because we are a jealous and picky lot

Best Answer

I don't know. ia m a woman who has problems making friends with other women, but I have no idea why.

Best Answer

hum hum..clears throat.<br />
I am tired of you trifling *******,<br />
the way you talk **** behind my back,<br />
the way you NEVER tell the truth,<br />
the way you bend over at the waist in front of my husband makes me want to punch you in your *** hole!!!<br />
the way you complements are ALWAYS backhanded,<br />
the way you sneer at my jokes,<br />
the way you try to make me talk about how pretty you are,<br />
the way you say "you would be so much prettier if you smiled and wore some makeup".<br />
I hate the way you continually play mind games and manipulate my male friends,<br />
I hate how vapid you are like there is just dust bunnies rolling around in that head of yours.<br />
and finally I hate the way you steel my chap stick,you evil *****.<br />
I also want to say that there are some really down women out there to but they are far and few between....girls if you find one of these down ******* hold on and don't let go......

Best Answer

I have also found that there are many women who are competitive in what I feel is often a destructive/harmful way. I have also found that gossiping, pettiness, and yes even bitchness can apply. I have seen far more moodiness than I have ever seen in men. I have seen some that are happy as long as they are outpacing other women, but these same women can become nasty if it becomes apparent they are not in some way (linked to the can't-stand-another-woman-to-have-acquired-one-thing-more-or –better-than-her syndrome- rather than truly celebrating their friend's success). As far as married friends, I only had one and she started snapping me up over small things that just made no possible sense. Then I caught her looking me up and down one day and I thought, "Whoa, what in the world is all this?!". When you see a woman do that it usually spells trouble. I have always hated competitiveness, cattiness, gossip, back stabbing/two-faced behavior, and moodiness. Also, I have no respect for going after somebody else's mate, or unfaithful male behavior (hence I would never be interested in disrupting a relationship). Now there are certainly some great people in the world, but I have only a very few female friends because of the reasons mentioned, as such behavior makes me want to put distance fast between myself and the females that behave that way. I used to have a very idealistic, naive attitude about friendships with females, only to have been slapped in the face (so to speak) several times when my trust was betrayed and my belief in the friendship overturned by such bad behavior. Sadly I am not nearly as trusting as I used to be, and I am far more reserved and watchful before categorizing a female as a good friend.

Best Answer

I have a problem making friends with other women as well. It's crazy. It's so rare to find someone on the same page with you. I'm the artistic, deep thinker type. I like to read books and find meaning in things. Of course I have another totally bubbly and air headed side to me sometimes. I only know 3-4 girls that are similar to me, two are best friends, but they all live far away from me, even in other countries..

Best Answer

Im not to girly and stuff, so I don't tend to get along with most girls. <br />
Thats mostly why. And Im not that social either. Which sucks.<br />
I think it might be cause someone women find other women to judmental of what they look like and who they date?

Best Answer

because such women are tools for the patriarchy and feed the beast by keeping men entertained with catfights and bloating their ego by scratching other female's eyes out over some wang

Best Answer

I really do not understand why . It make sense the answer.<br />
Including a single person among married people I looked more than a problem if a person not quite decent approach her it can create a difficult situation for the husbands.<br />
but also, You have a to know your single person well because woman has to learn to respect their friend and there is when values come into place.

Best Answer

Ah this made my night, I have been having the hardest time making female friends it just seems easier to hang with males.But still I would really like a female friend a real one not a B****

Best Answer

I have no idea why but I have that problem. I feel like an outcast a lot of times. It's painful. I am not looked at as a threat, I know that, it's just that I rub them the wrong way, so to speak. The only thing I can think of is that I don't gossip about people the way a lot of them do so I come off as a bad conversationalist in their eyes. That's my guess anyway. Even my sisters don't talk to me. It's awful. I'm close to my parents and my brother but my sisters wouldn't **** on me if I was on fire.

Best Answer

I feel that it is because women are always competitive around each other and when they see a much cuter, attractive, talented ,etc girl , they feel inferior compared to her and women will always have the tendacy to compare to other women to compete for the guys.

Best Answer

ABSOLUTELY the truth!! I have always related to men better! But i do however have explanations...when i was in High School, i was told "when you first came to school you were so pretty we girls were jeaoulous cause there werent that many boys " Private small school. Later, other friends told me the same thing...they said "youre supposed to hang with ugly people, it makes you look better" HUH!????<br />
Jeepers! Ive heard that so dang many times. And heres a website that is totally awesome! Its called Friendships but we have a group that meets called "miss fits"<br />
lol. totally awwsum group

Best Answer

In my experience it has been because women like to gossip about other women.... it happens in school, it happens in the work place, everywhere. People who do it the most tend to love drama and have the worse self-esteems. I don't believe it is about who is the most attractive. I think it is about gossip. <br />
In my world, it seems very hard to have deep friendships with other women because no woman I have ever known has known what I know, has had the experiences I have had, or who is similar to me. I consider myself a unique individual and that scares a lot of people. Women get along the most with each other when they all dress similarly, have similar experiences and tastes, have simular belief systems (which usually go the way of the mainstream) and have similar backgrounds. It is the Pack mentality. More and more especially in America women stop going the way of the Pack when they step out of high school and college.<br />
Maybe it seems that women just do not get along because of this individualistic mentality. Women who go the way of the Pack get along with their Pack but no other women allowed in unless they are really similar even in speech. It happens less and less.

Best Answer

I feel just the opposite. Women have a great capacity to bond with each other and support each other through life.<br />
A woman's ability to love and nurture goes beyond just her husband and children. She will nurture and love her close friends also.<br />
I'm sure I'm not the only woman who feels this way. Some of my greatest "treasures" through life have been good friends at my side!

Best Answer

I think its because women want close relationships that deal with more than just common interests. Being a friend means being there, a shoulder to cry on, not just going out for a beer and watching the game like guys do. Often, close relationships take time, which a lot of people don't have. I can't make friends, period, because I just don't trust anyone after being totally crushed by other people in my life.

Best Answer

I can't stand women. Probably because what I hate in myself I see in them. Honestly, that is probably it.

Best Answer

U can not even find a website to find normal adult women who just want to talk to another woman their age about anything without getting some disgusting **** site. What a complete waste the internet is.

Best Answer

I am a female and find it extremely hard to make close friendships with others females of my age, but not with those who are double my age. For example, I am 29 and I easily socialize with all women of 55+ years. Every time, they inspire me or I inspire them - usually with fitness ideals or graceful growth. But females in the 20's and 30's seem to be brainwashed to worry about hunting for husbands so much that they have no interest/time in talking to me whatsoever. Their only interest is urgently finding a permanent mate, unless it is some highly eccentric artistic female, usually a religious philosopher or a PhD. scientist - who is mentally and emotionally evolved far beyond the basic instincts of the majority. But that kind of people in general is hard and rare to find (male or female)

Best Answer