A friend asked me this question and I said it wasn't true at first, but then I realized that this does actually happen. I didn't know what to tell him, but it really got me thinking. Anybody have any theories?
pprbrd pprbrd 18-21, F 33 Answers Jan 23, 2013 in Romance & True Love

Not sure if they conscientiously decide that, but I think not. Even though they should try to use their brain more often when choosing a partner...

One theory is, that a nice guy, who is there for her and tells her how much he loves her is perceived as weak, boring, easy and/or desperate. He puts himself on the same level as her or even below her. Instead of enjoying it and giving this guy a chance, she decides she needs to aim higher. She doesn't want a guy she can have, she wants a guy, who is actually too good for her.

A player exploits this -- he will lean back and act like he is too good for her, but stepping down from his throne of supremacy for a moment. Like he is actually doing her a favor by using her over the weekend.

The other theory is, she doesn't feel like she deserves to be treated like a princess and can't accept the nice guy. Like a woman who can't accept a simple compliment with a nice "thank you", but starts arguing about how ugly she is. She don't feel worthy of a nice guy and throws herself in the arms of a jerk, who treats her the way she thinks she deserves to be treated.

Best Answer

The guy she chooses is only a jerk because she didn't choose the nice guy. Nice guys aren't nice. They think they know what's best for women. They don't. They have a lil disease called Nice Guy Syndrome. Its okay for women to make their own choices on their mates. There is a reason nice guys will forever stay in the friend zone. And women do not enjoy being treated badly. And I have never once heard a woman confirm this lie. Its best for the nice guy to stop scape goating women and work on what's wrong with himself.

Best Answer

the nice guys aren't pushy enough to ask the right questions. they're nice and we dont relize what we lost till they're gone

Best Answer

There is no challenge in a nice guy. No need to flex female charming powers because he is nice already. On the other hand, turning Big Boy Bad To The Bone into Mr. Responsible Family Dog with magic kisses always thrilled ladies...

Best Answer

Because the nice guys are to busy being nice to ask the right questions !

Best Answer

I hear that, but because I've never been attracted to 'bad guys' it didn't compute. And not every guy who claims he's a nice guy actually is one.

Best Answer

Because if women didn't have anything to complain about with their boyfriends they would go nuts.

Best Answer

Good girls tend to like bad guys

Best Answer

Women are *******, they never like anything; unless it's under

Their control, they control you speak to them and what you do

With them, it's not fair, sugardaddy,com is more effective in meeting with women; who want someone to pay for their lifestyle, but they use you, too.

Best Answer

I just posted a similar question so it is now a known Fact women act like they want a nice guy but in fact like to be treated like crap.

Best Answer

Many women aren't attracted to the "nice" guys until a "jerk" is done with them.

Best Answer

it's the decision between being with someone sweet and safe or being with someone fun and dangerous.... sucks, but that the choice we have to make as women.

Best Answer

Cuz the jerks as you call them (I would use a different word) have got game and if you're not on guard they'll get you to fall for their bs.

Best Answer

Something about "bad boys" actually turns girls on - and they apparently think they can change them into the kind of guy they want - it is like a challenge. Nice guys are more like dad's or brothers and just don't get girls juices flowing.

Huge numbers of girls date guys in prison.

Case in point: If you have a big motorbike - and get a girl on the the back - you are MUCH more likely to get the girls to want to sleep with you - than if you just want to go to the movies. (yes - personal experience)

Guys that pose no "risk" to girls are seen as safe - and friendly - and not sleeping material. This does not apply to all girls but to many of them - just look at how many footballers can have lots of girlfriends and how they will even put up with being treated like crap - just to spend a night with them.

It seems crazy to us guys but it is a fact.

If you look too much like a ***** - grow a beard or get some tats - do some sport or get a motorbike. Don't dress in pastels and wear clean shoes all the time - lol

Best Answer

Some women see it as a challenge to turn a jerk into a nice guy.

Best Answer

I have a theory that women like to "fix" people and as a result they take on the bad boy as someone they can fix. Bad boys represent a challenge. The nice guy is too easy, women want the challenge.

Best Answer

Maybe women want to hang with nice guys, but their instinct tells them their children are better off growing up to be jerks.

Best Answer

Because those women are not nice women but the nice guys don't go after nice women because they are hypocrites (the one's who claim this anyway). Oh my god I hate this whole friendzone thing so much.

Best Answer

Gluttons for punishment? We like a "challenge," some women like to think they can "fix" or "change" men.. the answers are endless. Women are complicated creatures.

Best Answer

Well ALL guys are jerks it's just some take it to a different level!

Best Answer