A friend asked me this question and I said it wasn't true at first, but then I realized that this does actually happen. I didn't know what to tell him, but it really got me thinking. Anybody have any theories?
pprbrd pprbrd 18-21, F 34 Answers Jan 23, 2013 in Romance & True Love

Not sure if they conscientiously decide that, but I think not. Even though they should try to use their brain more often when choosing a partner...<br />
One theory is, that a nice guy, who is there for her and tells her how much he loves her is perceived as weak, boring, easy and/or desperate. He puts himself on the same level as her or even below her. Instead of enjoying it and giving this guy a chance, she decides she needs to aim higher. She doesn't want a guy she can have, she wants a guy, who is actually too good for her.<br />
A pla<x>yer exploits this -- he will lean back and act like he is too good for her, but stepping down from his throne of supremacy for a moment. Like he is actually doing her a favor by using her over the weekend.<br />
The other theory is, she doesn't feel like she deserves to be treated like a princess and can't accept the nice guy. Like a woman who can't accept a simple compliment with a nice "thank you", but starts arguing about how ugly she is. She don't feel worthy of a nice guy and throws herself in the arms of a jerk, who treats her the way she thinks she deserves to be treated.

Best Answer

the nice guys aren't pushy enough to ask the right questions. they're nice and we dont relize what we lost till they're gone

Best Answer

Nice guys ask girls out on dates; they just get rejected all the time. But they do ask.

Best Answer

The guy she chooses is only a jerk because she didn't choose the nice guy. Nice guys aren't nice. They think they know what's best for women. They don't. They have a lil disease called Nice Guy Syndrome. Its okay for women to make their own choices on their mates. There is a reason nice guys will forever stay in the friend zone. And women do not enjoy being treated badly. And I have never once heard a woman confirm this lie. Its best for the nice guy to stop scape goating women and work on what's wrong with himself.

Best Answer

That is easy for you to say....Women have actually told me that they prefer the "bad boys" over nice guys simply because the can have fun with them...a very childish perspective, but a true one at that. It is not always the nice guys fault as to why he is rejected treating someone as they should be treated is not a crime no matter what society is saying nowadays.

Best Answer

It is not your fault. In the worst case, I have seen women pick criminals (because they are "exciting" )over decent guys (who were "boring"). Just Google "women love dangerous men." That's how messed up things are. More often they go from one jerk to another until they hit 31 and are still single and they panic. My advice to you is to stop chasing women and concentrate on your career, furthering your education etc. When you work on bettering yourself (career, education) , you at least get a return on your investment. If you want a loyal and loving companion, adopt a cat or a dog. By the way, there is nothing steady about a girlfriend. You will think they really care about you and a few weeks later you are gone. That's how fast you can get canned and it happens to guys all the time.

Best Answer

Because if women didn't have anything to complain about with their boyfriends they would go nuts.

Best Answer

There is no challenge in a nice guy. No need to flex female charming powers because he is nice already. On the other hand, turning Big Boy Bad To The Bone into Mr. Responsible Family Dog with magic kisses always thrilled ladies...

Best Answer

That confirms what I have heard over the years...but yet there are so many unhappy women out there because their "thrills" turned out to be nightmares....

Best Answer

I laugh at these women. They rejected hundreds of decent men in their 20's because they were "too nice" or "boring". Now they are broke and alone raising some dirtbag's kid. I have seen it personally.

Best Answer

Because the nice guys are to busy being nice to ask the right questions !

Best Answer

Care to fill us in on what the "right" questions are?

Best Answer

Nice guys ask girls out just as the jerks do. Except the nice guys always hear the word no and the jerks always hear the word yes.

Best Answer

Nice guys ask the right questions. They just get rejected. By the way all this stuff about confience is BS. Confidence only matters if the woman is already attracted to you.

Best Answer

I just posted a similar question so it is now a known Fact women act like they want a nice guy but in fact like to be treated like crap.

Best Answer

A huge number of them do. You are absolutely correct They will turn down the Accountant or Engineer because he is "too nice or boring" to go out with a man who is verbally or phyiscally abusive.

Best Answer

I hear that, but because I've never been attracted to 'bad guys' it didn't compute. And not every guy who claims he's a nice guy actually is one.

Best Answer

A billions yrs from now. this question will still be asked. And unresolved..

Best Answer

Good girls tend to like bad guys

Best Answer

Women are *******, they never like anything; unless it's under<br />
Their control, they control you speak to them and what you do<br />
With them, it's not fair, sugardaddy,com is more effective in meeting with women; who want someone to pay for their lifestyle, but they use you, too.

Best Answer

It's not worth it. They will clean out the richest man. $1,000 purses, $700 shoes, $10,000 vacations....your $$ is gone then she divorces you.

Best Answer

Many women aren't attracted to the "nice" guys until a "jerk" is done with them.

Best Answer

This is around age 31. The Alpha males, thugs and bad boys are done with them and are chasing younger women. These women then look for a provider. Guess who they turn to? The same guys they rejected in droves when they were younger. I would reject them in turn and give no explanation.

Best Answer

it's the decision between being with someone sweet and safe or being with someone fun and dangerous.... sucks, but that the choice we have to make as women.

Best Answer

I donĀ“t understand this argument...what makes a "nice" guy any less fun and exciting as a "bad boy"?

Best Answer

That's fine but don't expect the "sweet and safe guys" to be interested in you ten years down the road. You only get one bite out of the apple.

Best Answer

Women like drama and bad boys create that. I live in a very affluent suburb of Washington Dc. Several years ago a wealthy women left her husband to run off with the guy who cleaned the pool. My point: You never know what a woman will do or if she will stick around. If you depend on a woman for love and happiness you will be disappointed.

Best Answer

Cuz the jerks as you call them (I would use a different word) have got game and if you're not on guard they'll get you to fall for their bs.

Best Answer

Meaning they are pathological liars that will say anything to get what they want..and that there are a lot of people who fall for it.... :( sad really

Best Answer

That is why spending your time and money to get a woman is a waste. Work on your career and your education where you will see a return. I learned that chasing women is a waste of time. Do you think these thugs, Alpha males and bad boys chase women? No . Women chase them . If women are not sending you signals that they are interested you are wasting your time and no amount of chasing is going to make a difference. 80% of the women are pursuing 20% of the men. If you are not in the top 20% women are not going to give you the time of day.

Best Answer

Something about "bad boys" actually turns girls on - and they apparently think they can change them into the kind of guy they want - it is like a challenge. Nice guys are more like dad's or brothers and just don't get girls juices flowing.<br />
Huge numbers of girls date guys in prison.<br />
Case in point: If you have a big motorbike - and get a girl on the the back - you are MUCH more likely to get the girls to want to sleep with you - than if you just want to go to the movies. (yes - personal experience)<br />
Guys that pose no "risk" to girls are seen as safe - and friendly - and not sleeping material. This does not apply to all girls but to many of them - just look at how many footballers can have lots of girlfriends and how they will even put up with being treated like crap - just to spend a night with them.<br />
It seems crazy to us guys but it is a fact. <br />
If you look too much like a ***** - grow a beard or get some tats - do some sport or get a motorbike. Don't dress in pastels and wear clean shoes all the time - lol

Best Answer

I used to go to clubs in DC and I would see beautiful women with guys who looked like they just got out of jail..so you are right.

Best Answer

Some women see it as a challenge to turn a jerk into a nice guy.

Best Answer

Except they fail every time and then go on to the next jerk. They panic when they turn 31 and are still single.

Best Answer

I have a theory that women like to "fix" people and as a result they take on the bad boy as someone they can fix. Bad boys represent a challenge. The nice guy is too easy, women want the challenge.

Best Answer

Maybe women want to hang with nice guys, but their instinct tells them their children are better off growing up to be jerks.

Best Answer

Because those women are not nice women but the nice guys don't go after nice women because they are hypocrites (the one's who claim this anyway). Oh my god I hate this whole friendzone thing so much.

Best Answer

Gluttons for punishment? We like a "challenge," some women like to think they can "fix" or "change" men.. the answers are endless. Women are complicated creatures.

Best Answer

Dating is so complicated that many guys have simply given up.

Best Answer