i used to think so highly in god and have full faith in him...but lately i been asking myself is there really a god? i go to church wenesdays and sundays but i feel like im loosing my faith in god
YungGirl YungGirl 16-17, F 25 Answers Nov 7, 2012 in Religion

I was an atheist for years, then one day I asked God to prove to me he really exists, and he did!

Best Answer

how?

Best Answer

It is a very personal story. Anyway, I asked him to prove it to me and I said it from the bottom of my heart. He did something so amazing that I could no longer deny him. Then I began to learn about him in depth by doing research.

Best Answer

Also, one thing that can be very helpful is to ask him to help you with your unbelief.

Best Answer

once I asked Him for a sign. I went to church with my grandmother (went with her often to different churches). At the end of church, the preacher got up and said that God told him that there was someone in the room needed to know that God loves them. I had the overwhelming feeling that God was talking to me and had a light amazing feeling like I was being saved all over again. That was my sign.

Best Answer

true, if it's not sincere then He doesn't answer. it even says that in the Bible. (just learned that tonight lol)

Best Answer

i heard him speak once to me outside when i was a kid

Best Answer

I have a deep prayer life and close relationship with Him, I feel His presence, and love Him, so of course I believe in HIm.

Best Answer

When life is crummy and nothing seems like it's ever going to be right and if nobody seens to care and you are in a depression that has no signs of lifting because you are on your own, it helps alot to think that there is someone (God) who is always there for you and cares about you and knows how you feel. < I once felt like all of that and even though I didn't believe at the time, I felt a temporary relief when randomly reading bible verses from the bible.

Best Answer

If you are having a few doubts, try to talk with God when you are alone just like you would a normal person. Tell Him how you feel and ask for help or a sign. I know it will feel like you are talking to yourself, but be sincere and be patient He will let you know.

Best Answer

I can't explain why, other than that He showed me that he exists. It is something I just KNOW deep in my soul, though I was actually quite anti-Christian until I was 29 years old and I have become more convinced as I have learned more Biblical prophecy.

Best Answer

Because without him you cant do anything :P

Best Answer

Show me a book that was not written about a god by people first

Best Answer

I was a believer for 27 years, but ultimately it took just a few minutes of rational thought and critical thinking before I realized how big of a scam it really is.<br />
Think about this...its estimated that their have been almost 3000 different and distinct creator gods that man has worshipped in thousands of years. They can't all be right...but they can all be wrong.

Best Answer

Not sure.

Best Answer

I like it, so...I chose what suites me.

Best Answer

Because there are times when He is the only one who can really help you and listen to your thoughts, ideas, fears, hopes etc. I have also seen Justice dealt to some not very nice people, (that is a long story) I always say Leave it up to God, and let Him handle what ever is troubling you.

Best Answer

Who is he?

Best Answer

I've seen Him change counless lives, I see Him in His Creation, I've seen the Bible proven to be true over and over again and I feel Him in my heart. 50 yrs of knowing Him.

Best Answer

he has proven himself if your heart truly desires to see he will:)

Best Answer

I'm not sure if I believe in a God or gods... But, in the vastness of the universe, and other realities that may exist, to deny that x doesn't exist seems a little illogical. For instance, the tallest mountain in the solar system is Olympus Mons on Mars. But, to say that that is the tallest mountain in the universe is not logical. So to deny that x doesn't exist somehwere, and to apply limits to it doesn't make sense to me.

Best Answer

The difference in your comparison is that their is no debate as to whether or not mountains actually exist. They have been proven well beyond any shadow of doubt. So, is it logical to argue for the possible existence of one specific concept out of an infinite unknown and unproven concepts by comparing such to that which we know exists? Nope.

Best Answer

I can't explain the feeling. It's a very powerful one.

Best Answer

Because I feel and see him inside of me and every living thing and every bit of good. I can relate to faith being worn down by church that seems too intent on scaring you, and by media that is full of horror stories. I just remind myself, and God reminds me as well that the more we have to overcome, the stronger we are.

Best Answer

Which god ?

Best Answer

I´ve heard of an angry, vindictive and jealous god with humanlike qualities in the bible. If you are talking about that one, no , I don´t believe in it.

Best Answer

because I can...

Best Answer