If Jews don't eat pork, Muslims don't eat pork, and it is forbidden to give it to cats and dogs, so if it is not fit for consumption by cats or dogs how can it be fit for human consumption? Why are Christians the only ones in the monotheistic religions that permit themselves to eat it although in the Bible in Leveticus and Deuteronomy it states "Thou shalt not eat the flesh of the swine nor touch its carcus, though it divideth the hoof but cheweth not the cud, it is unclean to you" ?
Janife Janife 51-55, F 63 Answers Jul 29, 2012

Before bacteria was discovered, undercooked or raw swine caused trichinosis.<br />
Trichinosis is a terrible way to die...slow and painful. No treatments are cures were known, you got it, you died.<br />
Pigs also like mud, they fight for food, they were seen as unpleasant nasty creatures.<br />
In simple terms, various societies simply made swine illegal by religious taboo.<br />
Problem solved. Pork is not unhealthy if cooked properly, in fact in the U.S., trichinosis has been erradicated. Pink pork is now considered safe to eat.

Best Answer

Logic is a lovely thing.

Best Answer

That's what you think, I have read many article about this topic from many different points of view and Trichinosis is still present in many cases.
www.draxe.com/why-you-should-avoid-pork/

Best Answer

Trichinosis can only be contracted eating RAW pork.

Best Answer

I raise hogs. They are extremely clean animals, if allowed to be. They are also highly intelligent and quite entertaining. They have no interest in getting in the mud if they have proper shade, shelter and water during the heat. They will root in the dirt, but generally because they smell something that might be tasty such as a plant root or grub. It is approximately 85 deg F here today and bright sun. I went out at noon to check on my animals and all were laying in the shade on the straw I threw in the pen this morning. At the sight of me, they all jumped up and ran to me at the fence. I took the hose and sprayed them with water. Quite comical to watch them run away and then come back for more. A happy pig is a tasty pig. Reading articles does not increase intelligence or knowledge. Pork is good. Pork is healthy......and a pie crust is not the same unless it is made using rendered pork lard.

Best Answer

Should we ban eating chicken because it's literally the filthiest domesticated animal? The chicken you buy at the store is covered in salmonella, that's why chefs keep chicken at the bottom of a fridge, you NEVER eat raw chicken, and in case you didn't know chickens **** in their drinking water. Yeah, I'd rather eat that slop than a pig that MAY have trichinosis.

Best Answer

and just for you, I cooked pork chops on the grill tonight.....mmmmm...mmmmmm...good.....and good for ya.

Best Answer

What is your source of information?

Best Answer

my source is myself. I have raised hogs for 20 years and we always had 2 or 3 growing up.

Best Answer

Sorry if I bother you, but I was hoping to find on this website some interesting discussion. I mean every one is entitled to an opinion but I also appreciate discussions backed up with facts. I see some people on here get very aggressive if someone shares a different view. I mean even if people do have different views there is no need for insults. I am not referring to you here but one of the other answerers to my question. Sorry if I annoyed you. Maybe just avoid my questions if you don't like them that's what I do. If I don't like it I ignore it.

Best Answer

Have you also heard about the dangers of circumcision?

Best Answer

I don't eat pork. I also don't eat beef or chicken. I'm a vegetarian.

Best Answer

excellent :) The animals thank you.

Best Answer

I don't do it for the animals. I do it for me.

Best Answer

Good for you, I wish I could become vegetarian. I don't eat much meat but I do like meat occasionally. One day I will become vegetarian I hope. I am trying. Thanks for your answer.

Best Answer

You are very wise. I wish I could become vegetarian. I am trying by at least reducing my meat consumption. Thanks for your answer.

Best Answer

You're welcome.

Best Answer

Lucky you for being vegetarian, I have tried but failed to be vegetarian. I try to cut my consumption of meat down as much as possible, but sometimes I do have a mad craving for meat.

Best Answer

Things take time. Getting used to diet changes takes time. You must make sure that you are getting enough of the required nutrients for your body. Be patient. I was a vegetarian for many years before I decided to go vegan. I took a lot of time to research it to see if it would be good for me.

Best Answer

It seems difficult to think of a diet completely without animal fats or meat, and then looking at everythng you buy and having to ask or find out what is in the product, it was difficult enough to change my diet with no pork or pork products, no alcohol, and no geletine. I mean it wasn't hard for me to give these products up it was just difficult to find products in Germany that didn't contain them in one way or another. I mean who would think that yoghurt could be harmful? until I discovered it contained geletine. (Geletine is made with pig waste, bones etc. but now I have got used to buying only products that are free from alcohol, geletine and pork.

Best Answer

You said the key word in how it is a struggle for you. "It seems difficult to THINK of a diet completely without animal fats or meat, etc. . . .

It is about the way we think about food. Germany has soy products (soy milk, soy yogurt, soy sausages, etc), as well as almond milk, coconut milk. Focus on the good foods that you can enjoy instead of the bad ones that you can't.

Best Answer

Sounds like good advice. But now I don't live in Germany I have moved and here it is much easier to find products that are allowed. Thanks for the advice.

Best Answer

Pork is delicious. Ham, bacon, sausage...mmm! It's not unhealthy when eaten in moderation. Those ancient religions made it a "sin" to eat pork and shell fish because back then they weren't as sanitary as we are now. In unclean conditions, shellfish and pork can carry a lot of nasty stuff and make you sick. But we don't have to worry about that nowadays.

Best Answer

That is unfortunately not true and only a myth. Pigs are still filthy animals by nature and eat there own excretement and dead animals. I have done a lot of research on this subject and checked it out from a medical, scientific and religious point of view. It was the scientific and medical points of view that really put me off pork for life. It was so disgusting what pork and pork products causes, including tape worms and other horrible things.

Best Answer

Many animals eat their own excrement. Chicken are notorious for it.

Best Answer

In factory cage farms, they stack the cages 5 layers high, they only feed the top row. Guess what the other 4 rows are eating.

Best Answer

Yes, I have heard this too. They get what the ones above drop out. Isn't it just disgusting. And to think until 7 years ago I also ate pork. Now the very thought of it revolts me. But the pigs in India are the best, they are sent to clean the fields of human droppings.

Best Answer

Wild boar is not "filthy".... farmed meat in general is filthy.

Best Answer

Pigs may be gross by OUR standards, but the more poignant point to me is the cruelty of the practice. Not only are factory farmed pigs injected with steroids, fed only corn which is not what they are meant to eat, and forced to live their short lives in tiny stalls in which they cannot turn around....but also pigs are as intelligent as dogs....they can live well into their late twenties if left to live. They are loving, social animals forced to live in tiny cages until they are slaughtered. for example.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDiSR0LGry8

Best Answer

You are absolutely wrong. Try some real life research, not comic book research.

Best Answer

If you are referring to me than you need to face reality. There is enough documentaries out there like Food Inc. and enough literature, and enough video footage that tells the TRUTH of the cruelty of the meat industry....besides the obvious and blatant cruelty of raising animals to slaughter them.

Best Answer

I know pigs are intelligent and looking at them they are quite cute. I am sure pigs love Muslims and Jews, and cats and dogs because we don't eat them.

Best Answer

so do goats

Best Answer

Each religion created its rules according to the place where it was invented, The Inuits will never have a deity forbidding to eat seals, I guess pork could be unsafe meat some centuries ago in hot countries. I say bless the pigs, they are worthy of much respect.

Best Answer

Yep, what I said. :)

Best Answer

I get sick from eating fast food, not pork that is cooked in my home. Your religion does not apply to everyone.

Best Answer

Maybe you could take a look at this. It is from a scientific and medical point of view, not from a religious point of view. Thanks for your answer.

Best Answer

I don't rerally know why you are so concerned-you are cocerned,right,about Chtristian dietary practices but,in the NEW TESTAMENT,when peter and Paul were disagreeing on wheter gentile converts had to "keep kosher",Peter had a dream from God in which he "blessed" the formerly "unclean " animals.You can look it up...and make no prettense,this is a religion question,a lone blog page by a chiropractor hardly constitutes scientific validation.Generally men don't wear head coverings in worship,and women attend services along side the men.Now I'll get back to my BLT,if you don't mind.

Best Answer

That's what scares me about some Muslims. Some of them believe in superstition to the extent that they still practice stoning, and treat women like livestock. Some of them seem to be stuck in the 7nth century. <br />
Clean and unclean animals are a man made superstition. Catfish are very healthy. So are shrimp, crabs, and some grubs and insects. **It's true that long ago pork was a dangerous animal to eat., but other cultures were eating pork at that time and we're / are some of the healthiest people on the planet.

Best Answer

Some muslims you say still practice stoning, what about some states in America still have the death penalty the electric chair or lethal injection? Is that good? In Islam women are greatly respected. It may only be some cultures that treat their women badly but that has nothing to do with Islam. I was married to a European non-muslim man who treated me like dirt through his alcohol abuse, this was before I became Muslim. I went to the Women's home 7 times to get away from him and the women's homes were full of European non-muslim women who had been misused, badly treated and beaten by their non-muslim husbands mainly through alcohol abuse. Islam is a religion wirh high morals, but most non-muslims judge Islam on some people who do not practice their religion so therefore they get a totally wrong impression of Islam. But look at other religions too, the crime rate in Mexico, USA, South American countries, and they are all mainly catholics or other Christians. I think a religion should be judged on the religion as it should be carried out and not on the few who go off the path.
http://familycarewellness.blogspot.de/2009/05/eating-pork-can-be-hazardous-to-your.html

Best Answer

Thank you.

Best Answer

You are a religeous bigot. why don't you go and worship Allah or whoever your god is, on a religeous website, instead of coming in here where you're not wanted and spreading your ogoted views. GO AWAY.

Best Answer

There happens to be a questions and answers section culture and religion if you are not interested in religious questions then you don't need to answer them. Other than that this question was more to do with a medical and scientific point ot view.

Best Answer

You are a religeous zelot. The scientific aspect of this question is just a masquarade to allow you to implicitly attack the Christian religion.

Best Answer

I don't want to attack the Christian religion at all, I am ex-Christian was brought up Christian. my family are still Christian and many of my friends and colleagues are Christian too. In Islam we also accept the Torah and the Bible as Holy books and Jesus is a greatly respected Prophet (p.b.u.h.) Mary is the woman who is highly respected too. We Muslims also believe in the virgin birth of Jesus. What I am questioning about pork was more of a scientific health question but I put it in the religious section because many people associate with religion and don't think of it in terms of science or health. And as I wanted as many answers as possible I decided to put it in Religion rather than food and drink. But I love your words bigot and zelot, I wonder where you got your vocabulary from? Do you often go around calling people such things? Remember when the prime minister of England got called a bigot by someone? It was in all the newspapers, I wonder if I will make it into the news because I got called a bigot? Most people who feel insecure call people names because they can't think of anything better to say. So now I will quote an old saying we used to use when we were children. "Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me." Anyway, thanks for your comments and the obvious interest in my question.

Best Answer

Not wanted by YOU? Who died and made YOU King Shyt?

Best Answer

She's not attacking any religion. She's stating her opinion. Ignorant! (noun)

Best Answer

Open your mind instead of your mouth.

Best Answer

Not if it's cooked

Best Answer

http://www.draxe.com/why-you-should-avoid-pork/
A website which explains medically and scientifically the reasons for not eating pork. Please read. Thanks for your answer.

Best Answer

Sometimes when evaluating "a source" you need to also consider bias vs. Non bias

Best Answer

A rather poorly written article with its many faults.

Best Answer

Probably because the admonitions against eating pork originated several thousand years ago before refrigeration when pork was easily infested with the trichinosis parasite.<br />
Modern pork is grown in near sterile environments and is actually one of the healthiest meat proteins on the market. Your belief that pork is unhealthy is no longer scientifically valid. I cannot speak for anyone but myself, as religious beliefs and practices are all ba<x>sed solely on faith and not on facts, but personally, I follow the central tenets of my Christian faith while understanding that the majority of Biblical teaching originated in a far different world that knew nothing about microscopic parasites, bacteria, or viruses, and failed to understand the importance of cleanliness in the handling and processing of food.<br />
Your decision and that of others not to eat pork because of religious teachings of your faith is a personal decision. That is fine and you have the right to believe and practice your religion as you choose. You do not however, have the right to tell others how they must live or what they can eat. Nor do you have the right to look upon us with derision or hatred because we do not accept your religious teaching. Worship as you wish and leave me to live my life as I so choose.<br />
My apologies for misunderstanding/misinterpreting your question as a religious attack. I choose to eat pork for the same reasons I choose to eat beef, chicken, and other meats -- I enjoy the taste and texture and I was raised in a society where eating pork is considered normal and acceptable. The pork available today in American markets is lean, clean, and free of parasites. In fact, more people in America die or sicken as a result of vegetables that have been contaminated by human waste, mostly grown outside of our borders and imported. The other most common source of food-borne illness today is ground beef.

Best Answer

I did not tell you how to live or what not to eat. I only asked Why do you eat pork ....... ? The question was also meant from a scientific and medical point of view but because most people associate it with religion I put it in the religious section to gain more answers. But anyway, of course you can continue to eat whatever you like, I was not even thinking of stopping you, only asking why you eat it. Maybe pork production is different in the USA but in Europe it is not so good and probably the pigs are still as happy as a pig in s--t.

Best Answer

A very intelligent answer. Hey, the head rabbi of the largest synagogue in my village and his wife had concentration camp numbers tattooed on their arms. Were they compassionate people? HE wasn't. He told my grandmother after a head injury while hospitalized that a piece of paper he got her to sign was permission to get her mail while she washospitalized. It was a Power of Attorney, and he had twenty thousand dollars she'd saved all her working life to send me to college transferred to his congregation (a "donation" he scored he would've claimed). Although against bank rules, my father's friend, a v.p. of the congregation's bank, showed my father the bankbook. My father (in front of me) went to the rabbi's house &amp; threatened to expose his crime publicly if that money wasn't transferred back to her asap. It was, but within a year, without consulting us, the rabbi had her moved to a nursing home in Brooklyn, New York, run by associates of his ("religious" Jews). They soon cleaned my grandmother's account out, never to be recovered, as part of the N.Y.City Nursing Home Scandal of 1975 (websearch it for some good but sad reading). "Religious" business Jews embezzling old Jews placed in their paid-for care... one head embezzler telling another (paraphrasing) "they're gonna die anyway, and they can't take the money with them, so we'll take it". All the embezzlers were strictly kosher.

Best Answer

Well, apart from religions, it is an industry in some countries so they have to follow up with some campaigns and diluting the realities. There is no doubt pork can be delicious but beef or lamb can be as well. However the eating habits of an animal certainly makes a difference in the flesh produced. <br />
Therefore its better to be safe but consuming it after proper satisfaction may work too for some...<br />
But its better to be safe when you have delicious alternatives

Best Answer

Thank you for your answer, you are one of the wiser ones who answered this question.

Best Answer

People choose to believe what they want to believe, and live in ignorance. Meat is unhealthy. Full stop. <br />
And people get pretty defensive about their choices, especially when it comes to the meat issue..

Best Answer

I agree. They may say "it is their right"...well....what about the animal? Pigs are as smart as dogs yet we condemn the Chinese for eating dog in many places. I see no difference, so I eat neither.

Best Answer

Thank you. You're 100% reasonable.

Best Answer

fecking ridiculous....pork is awesome in all its forms. People who don't eat it for religious reasons are one thing...people who don't eat it for any other reason, have no idea what they are missing....more for me.

Best Answer

I used to eat pork. Until I got inquisative and asked why don't Muslims or Jews eat pork? Then I researched it on the internet from many different aspects medical, scientific and religious and I read maybe 20 or 30 different websites because I wanted to have a non-biased opinion about it. But after reading on various websites more or less similar things and facts about pigs I was convinced that pork is not healthy and now I have stopped eating it completely, not due to my religious beliefs but through conviction from the medical health and scientific point of view.

Best Answer

I raise hogs. Your research is wrong.

Best Answer

wow, you kill for a living....that's disturbing. Do you slit their throats/punch a hole in their head yourself? Or do you pass that task upon someone else so that you can mentally distance yourself from reality?

Best Answer

My animals are raised in clean and pleasant surroundings. They live a good life right up until the moment that they serve their purpose. I see that you choose to live as a vegetarian. I will not insult your life choices. Do not insult mine. I slaughter and butcher all my own animals. I am responsible for their life, I will be responsible for their death as well. It appears that you mentally distance yourself from reality when you make a statement like that.

Best Answer

I see reality for what it is. Pigs are just as loving and intelligent as dogs and they live even longer lives if allowed to. Would you slaughter dogs? cats? To raise something to kill it later is destructive. You have no right to claim it as your personal life choice when those pigs have a life that is being taken from them. Freedom of choice only works if you are not denying another person their freedom to live.

Best Answer

There is no arguing with ignorance...I have an idea....how about you eat me. I can guarantee I have more experience with animals, their personalities and their life cycle than you will ever have. Pigs are people? You are ******* nuts. I have every right to claim whatever life choice I want. I guarantee that animals provided sustinence to the vast majority of your ancestors and will continue to provide it to your offspring as well. You have every right to be as nutty as you want. Your straw man arguments mean nothing to me. I am eating salmon tonight. I told it I was sorry right after I pulled the hook out of its mouth.

Best Answer

You can call me nutty if you want for not sustaining my own life by murdering other lives. You have become desensitized by death and you cannot see these beings for what they are...conscious, breathing, loving, happy, healthy, intelligent being with a desire to LIVE! Your life choice inhibits THEIR right to life. Talk of ancestors means NOTHING because meat is NO LONGER necessary for survival....it is a conscious, unnecessary, luxury of death....and in time, it will be seen for what it is....a barbaric practice of regulated murder that belongs in the history books....not our future.

Best Answer

Chill Out..

Best Answer

Modern confined raised pork is one of the cleanest meats there is.

Best Answer

Try reading this website and see if you have the same opinion after. What is your source of information that pork is one of the cleanest meats there is? Thanks for your answer.

Best Answer

I know from prior experience that meat makes me fatter faster than anything.<br />
I don't eat it.

Best Answer

good for you. Thanks for your answer. You are right at least with pork making you fat. Probably other meats too if you eat enough of it.

Best Answer

LOL, red meat of any kind is among the most unhealthy foods you can eat. Forget the Jews and Muslims with their archaic ideas about hygiene and so many other things including how women should be treated. If eating healthy foods is important to you the Japanese have one the healthiest diets on the planet and the longevity to prove it. Those people eat raw eggs, shaved fish, and rice for breakfast.

Best Answer

Razor burn from shaved fish? Sorry, Just being naughty.

Best Answer

I don't know about you, but I get my bacon from cleaner pigs!

Best Answer

Two Words. Babyback Ribs. Take your religious bigotry and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Best Answer

Say it brother!

Best Answer

Thank you for your polite answer. It was not entirely a religious topic but more a scientific and medical one. Hope you enjoy your next portion of Babyback ribs and the next trip to the doctor.

Best Answer

Janife....I don't like religion, but I agree with you for moral and scientific reasons....but as you have discovered....people are reactionary and defensive when you question their love of cooked flesh. I am sure the pigs appreciate your so called "bigotry".

Best Answer

I happened to go for my yearly physical last week. Yes I'm overweight.
BP - 125/74
Cholesterol - 155
Blood Sugar - 88

Best Answer