zarfle zarfle 36-40, F 14 Answers Aug 8, 2012 in Hobbies

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers. SOCRATES It's nothing new

Best Answer

Since spanking children started being considered 'child abuse'.

Best Answer

Because more and more parents want their kids to keep up with the other kids. They hear the comment: "But Johnny's mom bought it for him." <br />
If kids would have to work for what they wanted, they would know some of the things they think are important are really not.

Best Answer

Yup. I think it's the main problem with our society as well. My kids will be encouraged to have jobs, make money. Even as children aside from occasional gifts if they want money they can do odd jobs to earn it.

Best Answer

Because their parents give them everything

Best Answer

they do?<br />
i think youth in general across the generations have always been that way. its an issue of perception

Best Answer

You have a very poor perception of history.

Best Answer

ya ok. read the response from BabzEsq24. like she said its nothing new

Best Answer

That's how their parents raised them. Growing up in a wealthy decadent country is bound to be a factor, and television and the society they live in.

Best Answer

Because a lot of them have everything they want right in front of them. I'm lucky to have what I have and I tell my kids that they're very lucky too. I wish they could have seen days when their grandparents had no food at the table. Or times when their grandparents got beaten to a pulp for something that is so simple now. They're damn lucky, but to them, this is what life is like.

Best Answer

Because rather than spend time talking to their kids, many (not all) parents give their kids a bunch of stuff to keep them out of their way. Plus we live in an age where everything is about instant gratification so a lot of people are used to having what they want the second they ask for it. So when they have to wait on something they feel like it is a big inconvenience for them.

Best Answer

Their parents led them to believe it, never told them "no", never told them they were wrong. One example--before my wife retired as a art teacher the kids had to clean up after themselves. Can't tell you how many kids were shocked at the concept, made comments like, "Clean up--that's the maid's job, I don't do that."

Best Answer

what is that? like 5% of the population? dang where i live a maid is unheard of. we clean up our own crap

Best Answer

We do too--but our little house is surrounded by MacMansions.

Best Answer

Because that is what society has taught them and parents don't bother to correct that.

Best Answer