It's ridiculous! When I was doing my Christmas baking, a 5 lb bag of cane sugar that used to be $1.89 or so was over $3. Everything has kept going up and up over the last few years. First, it was because the price of fuel had gone up and suppliers had to pay more to deliver goods. Another time it was because so much corn was being made into Ethanol that the price of corn had spiked. I don't know what their excuse is now.

Best Answer

I think it's both of the factors you pointed out, and I would add to it the loss in value of the dollar as a currency.

Best Answer

Because we all want raises, including the grocery clerks.

Best Answer

Tesco's profits are down, so they have to try and get their income back up to keep the shareholders happy

Best Answer

Prices are kept at the highest amount that they can be without having the masses light torches and brandish pitchforks..... because if you are allowed to save money... that is bad for the puppet masters.

Best Answer

Cleaverly hidden taxes !

Best Answer